Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

xmen origins - wolverine

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Somehow I didn't find out about this movie until a few weeks ago.

http://www.x-menorigins.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/

I love Wolverine. He was always my favorite xman back in the day. His story is also the most interesting of any of the characters.

I imagine they will be making "xmen origins" movies for other characters as well.

:yipee:

2. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    colossus maybe...

I think wolverine is like everyone's favorite character. I was never a big comic book reader, but wolverine was always an interesting character to me. I liked Gambut too, so I'm glad he's in this movie.

3. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    it has been leaked, although it is a workprint, so some of the cgi is unfinished.

I liked it, but my friends didn't

btw, they have announced X-Men Origins: Magneto. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499519/

4. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    The workprint is missing at least 30 minutes of Deadpool footage that will be in the final movie. They decided to reshoot and add scenes based on focus group screenings.

/*
    edit: never mind. there is only 30 seconds of new footage at the end. the rest of the movie is exactly the same as the workprint. The cgi for his adamantium claws is terrible
    */

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Just saw it. It was better than I thought it would be. It was very much an action movie but it was enjoyable.

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    There was one somewhat large plot hole towards the end with respect to Wolverine losing his memory. Striker's motivation for wanting to destroy Wolverine's memory is unclear. Given the context at the end of the movie, wiping Wolverine's memory makes no sense since the cat was already out of the bag so to speak. I suppose the motivation could have been some sense of vengeance, but Striker is far too thoughtful and manipulative to resort to such ends. It just doesn't fit.

Another minor hole has to do with Deadpool's swords being longer than his forearms.

7. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't think wiping Wolverine's memory is a plot hole at all. Wolverine threatened to kill Striker. The only thing Striker could do was wipe his memory.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Yeah my brother just suggested the same thing. That explanation works. But still... Wolverine isn't the only person in the know. His brother and wife both knew, as did Wraith and the Blob. Only two of those four witnesses died (Wraith and the wife). It's not a neat package, though it may have been the only option he had left.

9. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    fox really blew the pooch with deadpool. he carries swords, doesnt grow them like baraka. i dont know why they thought it'd be cooler, especially considering the quality of the claw CG earlier in the film.

they need to brush up on their comic lore or something. the movie seems like it was written by a guy who heard a story about wolverine once when he was 10 and was doing it from memory. so much of it was wrong.

WOLVERINE AND SABERTOOTH ARENT BROTHERS :noid:

10. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't know too much about Wolverine's past, but I think I remember in the cartoon series Sabertooth being Wolverine's dad? Is that right?

Hitometer: 54,730,912 since 1995