Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Wow...This guy breaks it down

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Calendryll, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Jakeman likes this.
  2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Everyone has that attidue, in-life and in-game. They want a virgin world to explore, conquer, consume, etc. Once the world is all used up, overpopulated with players, and polluted with the degradation of society, they complain about the ends of their own actions as if they had no part in it. Everyone else is then stereotypically and hypocritically classified as being a bunch of 12 year old, immature, unintelligent fags that need to get out to make room for you.

The author mentions consumerism as being a big problem. I would say that it is not only a problem, but rather it is the problem. 95% of players are there to earn gold and farm items, including the author himself.

I don't have a solution to propose. I have already accepted that problems like this are part of the nature of life, so I try to "roll with it" as the author suggests.

3. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    I think maybe one solution would be to place more emphasis on questing. There are a few good ones but many cant be completed without the help of groups (after 60 is reached anyways). I think more that reap good rewards but are still challenging either by yourself or with a very small select group of friends helps. DM held this for a while but that is not really world questing. I dont know, maybe my view on it is warped.

4. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Blizz says there will be high end solo and 5-man quests added to Silithus in 1.8:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/1.8/silithus-intro.html

Jakeman likes this.
  5. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Thanks, I havent really read through that yet.

Hitometer: 54,730,996 since 1995