Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Webcam no worky.

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by angus_prune, Sep 17, 2002.

1. angus_prune

angus_prune Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I borrowed a webcam and it appears to work in that I can use it with some software I downloaded. But,when I try to start it in Yahoo Instant Messenger I get a fault,the dialogue box tells me the cam's not connected. Help!

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    what are you trying to do? does YIM support video conferencing or something? does the YIM software support the webcam, and vice versa? you might need to make some phone calls or send emails.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Since I know absolutely nothing about webcams I will pose a stupid question: Is it plugged in and do you have the drivers installed?

4. angus_prune

angus_prune Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'ts working,silly old me I moved the folder to the right place it didn't work so I moved it back. Then it clicked I should have restarted. I'ts not my fault I'm old and getting passed it.

PS I'm using brmike_uk on yahoo if anyone wants a fright.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2002
  5. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    That sort of happened to me.
    My wife went to visit her mom a couple months ago and she took her laptop/webcam so we could chat. But when she got there and plugged it in, it worked on hers, but didnt show up on my mac. She was on her dell laptop that her father gave her and I was on my quicky. We were using yahoo as well, So I think that the problem is with yahoo ms, not your webcam or your comp, I suggest trying another webcam app and seeing if that works, if not, I am stuck, call a webcam "professional"

Hitometer: 54,658,210 since 1995