Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

warrior builds (beta6)

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by Jakeman, Oct 11, 2004.

  1. Jakeman

    Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2000
    Messages:
    25,761
    Likes Received:
    27
    Market Rating:
    16
    After much consideration, I have decided that Bloodthirst is no longer worth it.

    Back when Bloodthirst was a guaranteed critical hit, it was definitely worth it. This was because you could fashion a Bloodthirst warrior to get both IAS (Flurry) and cause bleeding (Deep Wounds) after a critical hit, which was guaranteed with the old Bloodthirst.

    Now you no longer have that guarantee. So you are spending most of your points in the Fury tree just to get an extra 100% damage after killing something. In my opinion, those points are better spent in the Arms tree where you can enhance your battle stance skills.


    This build made with the talent builder.

    Offensive, versatile battle stance warrior - this build is geared towards using Battle Stance most of the time. It has several enhanced Battle Stance skills.

    This build has +10% base critical chance (Axe Specialization and Cruelty) when using axes (one or two handed). The Overpower skill (used after the target blocks, dodges, or parries) is improved to have +50% critical chance for a total of +60%. All critical damage is enhanced by 20% (Impale) and makes the target bleed (Deep Wounds).

    Battle Shout is enhanced so it lasts 5 minutes, which is convenient because that is how long it takes for Inner Rage to regenerate. So you can always have Battle Shout going for you.

    This build has enhanced rage generation (Unbridled Wrath) and reduced rage decay (Anger Management). This build also has tactical mastery so you can switch between stances during combat and save up to 25 rage.

    Because you can switch stances and keep your rage, there are many stance / skill combos that you can use. You will typically start in Battle Stance and use Charge which grants you 21 rage. From there you can use your Battle Stance skills or switch to another stance. For example, you might charge in, switch to Defensive Stance, Disarm the enemy, switch back to Battle Stance, and start hacking away while they can't do any damage to you for 10 seconds (from the Disarm).

    This build should also be good for PvP because of the Improved Charge and Hamstring. You can Charge in, stunning the enemy, land a Hamstring to slow them to 20% walking speed, and then finish them off at your leisure. This is a common PvP tactic for Warriors.

    Items:
    - one or two handed axe
    - shield optional

     
  2. Jakeman

    Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2000
    Messages:
    25,761
    Likes Received:
    27
    Market Rating:
    16
    This same build applies to beta 7. The warrior tree wasn't changed very much.

    Blizzard has also stated there are some major changes in store for the warrior class.
     
  3. Autolycus

    Autolycus Forum Moderator

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2000
    Messages:
    3,410
    Likes Received:
    20
    Market Rating:
    0
    i'm still hoping for a more aggressive warrior, i just dont feel right unless i'm swinging around a big two handed weapon.
     
  4. Jakeman

    Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

    Joined:
    Feb 26, 2000
    Messages:
    25,761
    Likes Received:
    27
    Market Rating:
    16
    You can make a berserker warrior, but the berserker stance only has a couple of skills right now (slam and cleave). Supposedly they will be adding more.
     

Hitometer: 54,593,443 since 1995