Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

View Window Options

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Jedsia, Apr 24, 2002.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    This may seem like a stupid problem, but as I am just now starting to really us OS X (after owning it for a year), I'm just learning.

Anyway, when I open my hardrive, the view window comes up with three options for viewing, icons, list or columns. Eveytime I open this window it defaults to icons and I want to have it as columns, so I click on that. But it goes back to icons when I reopen it. I've looked under prefferences and view options, and can't find anything that looks like it'll change it for good.

It's an irritating thing, how do I do this? You'd think it would be simple and the manual that comes with OS X is useless.

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    hmmm... one second... I tried to replicate your problem, but I can't seem to... You've updated to 10.1.4 correct? You might want to look under view and view options and set the button to global (that way it sets everything to follow the theme [or its supposed to, but ehhh...])

3. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Unfortunately you can't do View Options of Column view... Just tried. Really strange because on my system it remembers what I last set it for when I browse using the HD icon or Finder icon.

4. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    My powerbook has the personality of a 3 year old, suddenly it's doing what i want again.
    just opened hardrive and it remembered I wanted columns. no idea.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i have that problem too. i just click the column view every time i open the HDD window.

6. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    you have to make the changes and then immediately close the window. I would suggest using the keyboard shortcut to close the window.

This also works with resizing windows.

Hitometer: 54,651,930 since 1995