Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

VCR to Digital Camcorder

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by aleldtritch, Nov 11, 2002.

1. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm using a Canon ZR 25 MC.

I have my VCR out connected to the camcorder's AV In/Out. Does anyone know how I get it so when I play the tape in the VCR, it appears on the camera so I can record it to the tape in there?

2. filburt1

filburt1 Peasant

Market Rating:
    VCR S-Video to Camera S-Video (IIRC the port is autosensing). Same with the audio components (RCA connectors). Then switch camera to VCR mode and pray.

3. SuperStar

SuperStar Peasant

Market Rating:
    With my camera is all i do is take the plugs, plug them into the video out in the VCR (im sure you know color yellow video white/red audio) and plug them into my Cameras Video/Audio In. I change it to VCR mode (playback mode for some cameras) and it works.

I got a new camera which only has the A/V cables at one end and a headphone adapter lookin thing at the other. I just plug the A/V cables into the Out in the VCR and it works.

Oh dont forget to press record. :p

4. filburt1

filburt1 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Oh yeah, despite the :p it's important; make sure you have it in record-pause when connecting the VCR.

5. KroeT

KroeT Peasant

Market Rating:
    I thought that DV cameras had a blocked video-in port to prevent bootlegging. Oh wait, that's a European law. :(

Hitometer: 54,585,229 since 1995