Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

US vs Iraq

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Jan 13, 2003.

1. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Exactly. Condoms were invented for people who have sex all the time with different people. Beforehand they had something that worked 100% like Spockirk mentioned. Abstinence. If people don't have condoms and are going around f%#ing everyone in sight then they should slap themselves for complaining about disease. Please don't mention women forced into sex because men sick enough to do that aren't the kind to give out condoms.

2. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Can a few months old child say "NO", no he/she cannot. "God" created us that way, I´m sure there´s a point with the foreskin.

Religious beliefs are worth more, why else do we allow things on the grounds of religion that we don´t allow on the ground of intellectual thought?

3. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    You are on to the biggest pro-abortion argument there is. Rape has nothing to do with the condom issue.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Peasant

Market Rating:

Just a guess/question. Could the foreskin be like hair? Doesnt the body grow that as means of protection? Maybe it could be the same since its sorda sensitive around that area. Just a guess.

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Are we changing the subject to abortion now? All the way from Iraq?

On condoms: they prevent new life, therein lies the problem. If a method were found that protected against STD's but was still open to the chance of pregnancy, I'm sure the Catholic Church would back it 100%.

On abortion in cases of rape: should the unborn child be made to suffer (die) because of another man's fault? Pregnancy is an inconvenience, but once it's over they can be given up for adoption. I know a woman who was the child of a rape victim that speaks out against abortion because she's quite happy that she didn't get killed.

6. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Circumcised people lose some sensitivity.

7. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Funny how parents can be entrusted to with every other choice for a child to 18 years old.

8. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I did not change subjet, Strader told me not to use an certain argument. The argument does not belong in the condoms issue, it belongs in the abortions issue.
    I just stated the fact.

I did not intend this to be abortion discussion, but I won´t back away from the argument.

Should the raped woman have to suffer again, and agian and again. The child would outlive her, every day for the rest of her live she would be remembered of the rape. That is a terrible thing to put upon someone, especially if she´s very young. The rights of the woman must be set before the rights of the unborn, perhaps not even living.
    The unborn child doesn´t suffer. It "dies" yes, but suffer it does not. Each cell in our bodies are alive, yet they don´t have a consciousness. The unborn child does not have a consciousness, it will have one but at the moment it does not.
    But the child would go to heaven anyway, right?

If the child can be saved outside of the vomb, I don´t think abortion is a good idea, but before that time I think it´s ok.

9. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I think nature's reason for foreskin is so it's easier to insert the penis into the vagina.

skin slides back, penis goes in. :hump:

10. SuperStar

SuperStar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wouldnt this just increase the thrust at which the penis penetrates? Unless of couse the foreskin already did but then the mission is already accomplished.
    Heh either way its right. :D

11. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    No which is why abortion isn't exactly a good idea. She's already suffered enough. There are thousands upon thousands of women who were all for abortion and yet afterwards regret that decision for the rest of their lives. I can only hope you'd understand why they might feel that way. They were pro-choice before. It's a proven fact that a good deal of women need counciling after doing an abortion. Why add even more pain? People are willing to go through rehabilitation after getting assaulted by people and yet they won't bear this temporary burden... Just put the kid up for adoption.

Yes, I suppose she would not remember the event if she aborted the child... :rolleyes: She's going to be in just as much pain either way. To abort the child does not remove any pain when you give it up for adoption. The argument that seeing the child will remind her of the event does not apply when adoption is done.

I thought you just said that the child didn't have a consiousness and you're theorizing that it goes to heaven? That makes no sense. One minute you say there is no God and now you patronize us.

There is a man named James Robinson who helps campaign to feed the needy in African and former Soviet nations. He was born from rape. There is nothing unclean about him and his mother never knew him. If she found out about him, (and she hasn't yet), then I think she'd be happy and not in pain. Happy for him but not for the incident.

The circumcision thing about losing sensitivity is not a fact, just another result of one test. There are plenty of other tests that prove it wrong. In fact one of our members here had it done later in life and claims to not notice one difference. It's not right to choose one result like that when so many other tests prove the opposite. In cases like that things aren't certain either way.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2003
  12. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Can we go back to Iraq now? Debates like this are useless. Last time we had one I left.

13. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    lol, no kidding. how did we get from Iraq to abortion anyway.

The two Army bases near me have been almost completely wiped out, everyone is getting sent to the middle east. Way I see it, we'll prob be at war by this summer, maybe fall. The only way to avoid it is if Saddam either steps down or has no hidden weapons (ya,right). We're all reved up to go, it's just a matter of time.

14. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    This shall be the last I say in this debate. It is plain our views differ enough for us to have any meaningful discussion about it. I will not meet further arguments.

About circumcision, if you remove the foreskin the (whatever-it´s-called-in-english (they don´t teach us that kind of stuff)) will be more exposed and therefore grow less sensitive, I think you can tell this without running tests. Some might think this is a good thing (you can "go on longer") others don´t.

On the heaven-remark. I was pulling your leg. The aborted fedus is "innocent" and "good", it should therefore go to heaven. Which is a much happier place then this world. I was being ironic. I´m sorry for not making that completely clear.

The rape can be put behind you, that is hard if you have to raise the child of the abuser.
    Putting the child up for abortion might be a good idea there. I can give you that one.

This is my final word in this debate. And since it´s mainly me Strader and Haite, I guess it will end here, unless Haite wishes to contine for himself. I am sorry in anyone took offence, but I really don´t like religion.

About Iraq.
    Did you know that bush compared Saddam with Stalin. Stalin is the only dictator who managed to fight and defeat a techologicaly superior enemy.
    You shouldn´t make comparisions like that, if you think attacking Iraq will be as easy as Afghanistan I think you are wrong.
    Iraq is much more well equipped, I don´t think they can defeat the US, but they will put up a fight.

Another thing that scares me is the fact that one of the main reasons for this war is oil. Iraq has oil. The US wants oil. You do the math.

15. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don´t think you´ll find any weapons. I might have them, but find them you will not.
    There will be war anyway, think about all that yummy oil.

16. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    No this isn't a fact. It's a debatable thing because there are many scientific tests that state either for or against. It's not wise to form an opinion on something like this when the scientists are as of yet undecided.

I'm sorry that you feel that way because I have no anamosity towards people who aren't religious. People are people. I makes no difference in what they believe when it comes to their value. People can believe what they want to and it doesn't bug me that much.

He's also the guy who killed millions of his own people for no proper reason. Saddam killed thousands of his own people. Please do more research before just blasting Bush. It wasn't Stalin who defeated the German's it was his generals. Watch and war history flick and you'll know that. Same as Hitler didn't win conflicts, his generals did. (The men too of course.)

It's not the oil so much as the fact that he might have weapons of mass destruction. Sure oil is going to be a factor. If a "mad man" gets control then that's not going to be good for you.

17. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hmm... I know Stalin did not win the war, he was no good commander. I just thought it was a bit funny he made that comparision. He has got plenty of evil dictators to choose from, why chose the evil dictator who (had generals) who won against a superior enemy. I was pointing out a, to me, humorous fact.

Another hmm...
    I did not say i dislike religous people, I said I dislike religion. I know a few christian guys and I have no problem with them. As long as they don´t try to "enlighten" me and they do not. We share views there.

18. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    It may be humorous but he's not so much known for that war as he is for killing his own citizens. It's quite the apt comment compared to the Arabs calling Bush a Nazi, which doesn't make much sense.

Yes, I just worded that wrong. You tried to "enlighten" us with your views too. Big deal. Nobody dies.

Anyways. That was a nice last, last post. :rolleyes:

19. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Good, we're back on Iraq.

The weapons inspectors haven't found anything yet but america is still ramping up. Whether they find anything or fabricate evidence, there will be a conflict.

20. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    "war on terrorism" is the ultimate excuse.

Hitometer: 54,650,587 since 1995