Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

To all Smithers

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by Scorpion, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just found out that blacksmithing branches out at lvl 40 and 200 skill. So I'd like to know which branch each smithers are doing ( weaponsmith or armorsmith) since we can't get both profession. Also for weaponsmith, I'd like to know what your character will be specializing in( swordsmith, axesmith, macesmith) so that if I do decide to go with weaponsmith we wouldn't have 2 swordsmith in the guild.

I'm thinking of going armorsmithing though since they are rare and there's some really great armor plans even though armorsmithing is a pain.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I think Donavin is going weaponsmith, but I don't know what kind of weapons.

3. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yes, I'm going weaponsmithing, though even I haven't decided what weapon yet.

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    How about Scorpion goes armor, Donavin and I go weapons, and we decide which weapons we're doing? I'd prefer swords since those are the weapons I use. Although personally, armor was my original preference. But I'm flexible.

5. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Then I'll spec out to maces, since I can't even use axes, unless there is a large number of axe weilders in the guild?

6. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Maces is probably fine. Hunters cant use them but since you can, plus druids, paladins, and warriors it may be good to spec in that. I am partial to two handed swords anyways. Unless I actually find something good to dual weild.

Edit: Btw, I am thinking of going into enchanting because the leatherworking thing doesnt seem to be of much use to Hunters. Any of the armor made anyways will be in the AH I am betting, except for the bind on pickup stuff but I am willing we can find better in the high level istances so I am not worried about it. If I do this though I may need help accumulating items to disenchant if anyone wants to send me anything to help get my skill up.

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I could start sending you the green items so you can start to disenchant. Run through the Deadmines a few times and you're bound to get enchanting up pretty good.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Specializing in knockers? ;)

9. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Better than the other option ;)

10. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    as of right now i am going to stick with leather, but what kind do u guys want me to get? i dont care, one makes mail, one makes +agil type, and one makes +spirit i think.

11. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Have you given any more thought to whether you want to go armor or weapon? Because like I said, armor was my first choice too, but I could do swords too since that's what my character uses.

Also, we do need more enchanters! I'll help any lower lvl enchanters run through the Deadmines for items if they want.

12. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    The high-end recipes for both armor and weaponsmith arent worth it as of right now, you can find better stuff for free in instances. I expect them to add some "bind on create" goodies eventually, but nothing like that exists yet (for blacksmiths). If you do need to choose however, weaponsmith is the better path, no matter which specialization you pick later on.

Jakeman likes this.
  13. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's true that you can find better stuff for free in instances but those drops are really rare. I'd rather make the armors/weapons rather than rely on random epic drops that has only a 0.1% chance to drop. Also going into instances requires a group and since most of us only plays on the weekends it means that I'll have to wait for the weekends to get a chance at some items

Weaponsmith is the easier path of course but armorsmiths are so rare. About 90%-95% of the current smithers are weaponsmiths since it's so easy compared to an armorsmith(10 quests just to be a master armorsmith) so good luck trying to find an armorsmith that is willing to go through getting all the materials to make a high level armor for the guild. There's only about 0-3 people on each server that's a master armorsmith right now since it's so time consuming to gather all the materials and most people don't have the patience to go through all the quests. You should check on thottbot of all that's necessary to be a master armorsmith.

14. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm leaning towards armor even though it's really a pain. As a paladin, I'll get a free mount at level 40 so I can start getting the quests almost immediately since I only need to talk to the paladin trainer to get my mount (no running around to do any quests at all :p). Being an armorsmith require you to go to Gadgetzan to do 3 quests from the apprentice.

15. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    thanks for asking for advice then ignoring it.

16. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    That's the nice thing about advice... it is not required that you follow it.

17. Wulf

Market Rating:
    So, it looks like my SATA HDD is going all sorts of Fubar. I'm trying to copy WoW off of it as I type this, but it could take a while

Edit: If anyone knows where I can find a downloadable client, that would be super

18. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    good point.

the only armorsmith i know in-game, regrets his choice greatly. take a look at the supposed "high-end" armor recipes, the items are total crap for what the cost ends up being in the way of time and effort to gather the materials.

19. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes I know but hopefully Blizz will change that since being an armorsmith is such a pain. Maybe they will put in recipes that are comparible to epic drops (maybe not as great but good enough).

Hitometer: 54,597,594 since 1995