Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

TIbook problems

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by mrdoomsday, Mar 18, 2003.

1. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    My Tibook has some problems with sleep mode. about 75% of the time when i awake my computer it will act frozen and will not open any programs. I use itunes whenever i awaken it to see if it is acting up again. I ask it to play a song and it will freeze for a moment and then the "intense operation" mouse will come up. once i let it go for about half an hour and it returned the warning about my library file not working b/c i logged out. and nothing else works. i cant logout to login. The time will be frozen from somewhere in the middle from when i put it to sleep and awoke it. I cant shut it down, have to do so manually with a key combo.

Anybody hear anything about this or have experienced it also?

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    my iBook can't talk to my network if I sleep it with a program running that uses the network. Maybe try quitting any running programs before putting it to sleep?

3. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    i actually have tried stuff like that... i never put it to sleep b/c the only network time i have is in a period at school.. i had a better success rate when i had itunes running and playing a song when i put it to sleep, than when i had nothing running

Hitometer: 54,730,934 since 1995