Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

The 9/11 Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dcwilson26, Feb 20, 2008.

1. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    He was talking about Communism there, not radical Islam. And yes, at the time he knew exactly what he was talking about.

2. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    No, he's actualy talking about secret societies. such as the skull and bones for one. both quotes are from the same speech.

3. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know.

4. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
  5. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    http://www2.nysun.com/article/74465?page_no=1

U.N. Official Calls for Study Of Neocons' Role in 9/11

Richard Falk, Milbank professor of international law emeritus at Princeton University, was named by unanimous vote to a newly created position to report on human rights in the conflict between Israel and the Palestinian Arabs. While Mr. Falk's specialty is human rights and international law, since the attacks in 2001, he has devoted some of his time to challenging what he calls the "9-11 official version."

"I don't think we can answer definitively at this point. All we can say is there is a lot of grounds for suspicion, there should be an official investigation of the sort the 9/11 commission did not engage in and that the failure to do these things is cheating the American people and in some sense the people of the world of a greater confidence in what really happened than they presently possess."

6. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    This paragraph mentions secret societies, yes, but upon reading the entire speech, he is clearly talking about the biggest threat he and America faced at the time, and that was Communism (more specifically, Stalinism). He was asking the newspapers and television news to be more careful about what they report on. Given the timing of this speech (a few weeks after the Bay of Pigs invasion), we can guess who he thought was to blame for that failure.

7. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes i know the entire speech as a whole is about communism.

However in this paragraph he seems to be alluding to a threat from within the US. However, secret societies are not limited by boundaries. I would assume that both sides had elements within their respected governments that belong to these same societies. Which would thus ensure more control over the whole situation. So i would have to say both problems, communism and secret societies, had common links.

I hope we can agree on that!

8. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    little side note, but i feel its relevant information.

The Business Plot (also known as the Plot Against FDR or the White House Putsch) was a political conspiracy in 1933 where several wealthy businessmen and corporations planned to overthrow the presidency of Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Details of the plot came to light in early 1934, when retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler testified before the McCormack-Dickstein Congressional Committee. In his testimony, Butler claimed that a group of men had approached him as part of a plot to overthrow Roosevelt in a military coup. One of the alleged plotters, Gerald MacGuire, vehemently denied any such plot. In their final report, the Congressional committee supported Butler's allegations of the existence of the plot, but no prosecutions or further investigations followed, and the matter was mostly forgotten.

The 2007 BBC radio documentary The White House Coup alleged that Prescott Bush, father and grandfather to the 41st and 43rd US Presidents respectively, was also connected with the plot.

More on Bush/fascist ties
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

Hitometer: 54,667,239 since 1995