Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

tank picture debate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dapork, Mar 30, 2002.

1. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    jake you edit religious opinions and not auto's first post?? i don't know how u guys think it's funny

//edit by SpocKirk: This thread is talking about this picture, posted in a different thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2002
  2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i don't see any religious posts by auto in this thread

3. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    what'd i do? :retard:

4. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
  5. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    wtf? i'm not talking about religion, i suppose you're all the patriotic types who don't care about the well being of innocents in the middle east? you guys think that picture was funny? i don't think it's something to joke about

6. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    yeah i thought it was funny. got a problem with that? :noid:

7. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i thought it was funny :wave:

8. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    When they stop killing innocent people of all races then I'll stop wishing them long and painful death.

9. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah, and I'll agree with you when you and I move out of our Igloos and stop Ice fishing. :rolleyes:

10. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    i kinda think the picture was a fake. maybe it was a all rusted down broken tank and those people did it for a joke... i thought it was funny yet i still worry about the middle east and violence..... the only people i dont feel sorry for are the damn terrorist.. or about 59% of the pop... its the US and we use "guilty by association" so thats why most people hate the entire countrys....

11. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    omfg you all really hate the entire ****ing country cause a group a terrorists that happened to be from it attacked the wtc. the whole country didn't attack us! if a group of americans went and suicide bombed buildings there, would you think it was right if their army came and started slaughtering us in our homes who had nothing to do with it?? i'm sure many people there hate us, but they weren't all for the terrorist acts. you want those kids to die a long painful death because they were born into a country/religion/culture that hates the us? i can't believe you people, you're the sad example of ignorant americans i hate. you don't know what it's like to be chased after by a ****ing tank!! and then you guys sit here on ur asses talking about being patriotic and not liking them. you're following the herd and it makes you feel better. the reality is that what our country is doing horrible. i hope not everyone in these forums is like you, cause otherwise i've lost respect for you people, whether the picture was real or not, it is happening.

12. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Who's getting slaughtered in their homes? In Afghanistan and in the gulf war before, the US went way out of their way to avoid civilian casualties. And no, I don't hate any entire country. The funny part of that picture is how it would never happen! Although, I bet there are more than a few terrorists who would love to drive a tank through my neighborhood.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2002
  13. Autolycus

Market Rating:
    how many tanks have YOU been chased by :rolleyes:

ok. I'm going to be blunt. you're a moron.

14. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    We're only routing out terrorists, we're not harming civilians, and that picture is fake.

--Haite

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    no, but like doomsday said... guilty by association. that's the way war works. you don't declare war on the people that did bad, you declare war on their country (countries). that's what we're doing with all those east / middle easy countries right now. go us!

in the mean time having a sense of humor (in bad taste or not) is always a good thing.

16. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I think the Israelis are showing remarkable restraint (since we're on the subject of the Middle East). One of these days the terror attacks are gonna just cause them to snap, and they're gonna kick the shit out of every Palestinian alive. I can sympathize for them too, they're in the same position we were last September.

--Haite

17. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    ok, i'm talking about the picture, us tanks aren't chasing innocents, they're just running from ennemy tanks like anyone would. what i'm pissed about is the way you guys regard that picture, you really find those kids guilty? i wanna know if the parents here thought it was funny
    you think those kids are quilty by association?
    ok, not chased, but anyone would run when your country is at war with the tank that's driving around in ur town. you don't have to have been chased by a tank to know it's a bad thing, i'm talking about you not thinking about how it would be if you or your children were chased by one.

not slaughtered (i correct myself), but bombed just like we were, because we're regarding the terrorists as the whole country, just like the terrorists did with the people in the wtc
    the picture is fake, but you really think no civilians have been hurt? i know not intentionally, but they have been. you should read the newspaper, it's in those little boxes that people don't usually see
    i'm not on the side of the israelis or the palestinians, what they're both doing is stupid. but do you stop to think about why the palestinians are bombing them? the israelis came from all over the world, and claimed land for themselves, saying that the palestinians didn't own it legally. so the palestinians are thrown out of their homes.many of the palestinians had even been there for a long time. the palestinians are suicide bombing for the land that they have lived in for so long

18. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    the media is lame and stupid. all we can do is laugh off the situation cos we as civilians don't have the power to change anything.

19. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Oh come on Dapork, what the hell's Israel supposed to do, just pack up and leave? What did we (United States) do to the Native Americans? I don't see anyone crying about that. The fact is that they're there and they live there. Now mostly because they're a different religion and partly out of resentment (Israel is one of the richest states in the middle east), these Palestinian Islamic fundamentalist fanatics go killing bystanders that are just having a drink in a cafe, or celebrating the passover meal. I'm sorry, but I have no compuncture against reprisal. You can go screaming on and on about innocents, but who the hell was in the World Trade Center? And who was sitting having a drink when suddenly some bastard decided they'd walk in and blow themselves up? You're too much of an idealist and not enough of a realist. You say we should open our eyes to what we do wrong? How about you open yours to what they do wrong. Nobody's perfect.

--Haite

20. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Understatement of the century. CNN loves to sell a story...

--Haite

Hitometer: 54,500,278 since 1995