Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

"Super" players?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by CW, Apr 16, 2005.

1. CW

CW MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    OK. What's up with this?

Several weeks back with my troll rogue on Hyjal some nut requested a duel with me. It was a LEVEL ONE _naked_ orc that caught me just as I was heading out of Crossroads. I was in the teens then. I figured this was either one of two things: 1) a complete waste of my time; 2) a trap. So I declined.

Just now I found another naked orc running around Windshear Crag. This one was a level 15 rogue. I had turned due to the sound of battle to see if the chap needed help. He'd just finished a spider, which was level 17. I thought that was interesting...

Until I saw that he was simply running around killing spiders two (or more) levels higher with _ONE_BLOW_. That's a bit more than simply interesting.

The orc's name was "Sordid'. I chased him for a bit but he wouldn't stay still long enough for me to check out his weapons. The offhand one wasn't anything special.

Can someone tell me what's going on here?

Does BLUE get really bored? Or am I missing some UBER rogue ability I need to check out? Any way to get BLUE to help you clear out an area?

Or is this a hack? If so, do I report it? and how?

What's up?

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was using legit moves and items. Rogues have some really powerful killing blows. And 2 levels isn't much of a difference. It is not at all uncommon for characters to take on monsters 2 levels above.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Some bugged uber fist weapon with no level req maybe?

4. CW

CW MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Nope. I saw it was a sword or dagger. Just couldn't read the stats before he'd run off... Off hand was a dagger. Main would have to be a dagger for a lot of normal rogue stuff.

Rogues' finishing moves cannot be the first blow. Since I'm a rogue several levels higher I cannot see it being a rogue ability.

I can take on a beast two levels higher... but not by taking them out with the very first blow. And certainly not with NO ARMOR. Again let me repeat, the two weapons were the ONLY items equipped... NAKED.

I may keep an eye out and chase him down again and try to see if he does simply have a non soulbound no level req weapon.

Added him to friends. Now he's level 17. That's some fast leveling. Oops. up to 18 now. From 18 to 19 in half an hour. He does appear to be working quests. I can tell since he's bouncing between the edge of Barrens where you get quests that you have to do in Stonetalon.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2005
  5. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Have tried sending him a tell and asking?

6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    sic a GM on him if it looks that suspicious.

Hitometer: 54,593,410 since 1995