Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Star Trek: Enterprise, last night's episode

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    The thing that miffed me about Voyager was how much ship-to-ship action they had and how little plot development there was. It was like... the opposite of TNG, which had infrequent ship battles, but more often it had actual plotlines, like other TV shows :rolleyes:. Towards the last season it seemed like something had to get blown up every single episode. I'm watching Enterprise with caution, so far I've liked what I've seen.

There have been some really good plots, like the pilot, or the episode with the doctor and that dying civilization (heavy ethical stuff), or even in last night's episode there was a brief bit of fighting at the end, just enough to make it right, not like how in Voyager you'd have "commando-style" episodes with them fighting constantly.

It even happened in DS9, like I remember an episode where the Jem'Hadar were attacking an outpost and the crew was defending it D-Day style with phaser rifles and barricades, there was like fighting for the whole episode and hardly no plot (enemy attacks, we defend, we win, the end). Heck, even half the finale was one big Federation-Dominion space battle...

Anyway, I just wish Berman would stop getting a boner over what his visual effects department can do and whip his writers into shape...

--Haite

2. Onisama

Onisama Peasant

Market Rating:
    indeed.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    that one andorian captain in Enterprise is the same guy who played that one Jem'Hadar guy in DS9... i forget the Jem'Hadar's name.

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    A Vorta named Weyoum. The Vorta controlled the Jem'Hadar and reported to the changelings.

--Haite

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    *me bows to haite's knowledge*

:bendover: [haite]

woops! i mean...

[haite] :bendover:

;)

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    omg n00b :mad:!

--Haite

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Punish him Haite, he's been a bad, bad boy!

:hump:

8. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    omg n00b #2 :mad:!

--Haite

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i'm your nOOb, baby!

10. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I recently bought Starfleet Academy at a bargain bin software store and it came with a little statue thing of an andorian. I rock!!

Is anyone interested in more Enterprise TV rips? I have 01, 03, 05, 07, 08, 10, & 11 on the server, I could get more. I just need to buy a 120GB HD, first.

11. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    DS9 sucked badly. I hated it.

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    i think my bro has all the episodes of enterprise in divx except for 2 of them.

13. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    err...that's a little weird.

I didn't like the Original Trek. Mostly because I can't stand Shatner's terrible acting.

TNG was great. Very cohesive cast.

DS9 = something around toilet flush :flush:

Voyager was pretty good, although the ending was very abrupt and the story wore thin around "look, another borg cube to totally KILL"

Enterprise, I haven't seen any real hardcore fans yet, and a lot of people dont like it. The opening theme (audio AND visual) is not what I'd call very Trek-esque.

14. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I LOVE Enterprise's opening theme, it's so "human", and a lot more moving then just seeing the starship circle some planets then go into warp drive... :rolleyes:

--Haite

15. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    the Enterprise openning clip is sweet dOOd!

16. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    Rod Stewart is the man!! (yes, I am aware that is not who is actually singing. Rod Stewart sang it first).

Tell smack to get on the server and upload the eps!!

17. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I really don't like enterprise. First their is the opening part which I think is dumb beacuse their using our earth history and then tack on a picture of a NASA concept ship and then the phoneix, instead of using Startrek earth history. Then theirs the whole Klingon Fiasco. Whats the deal with their food? its better then the food then they have in The orginal Star Trek and where the hell to they get all this food from? That episode with the engineering crew installed the phase cannons in like a day when it would take the star dock at earth weeks to install it what the hell wass up with that? Then their in Starfleet and Starfleet dident even exist untill a few episodes into the original plus the enterprise in the original was supposed to be the first but now its not. Its like they got together and said continuity what the hell is that? The episode where they want to save that species from that genetic condition and decide not to beacuse it might let another species become dominant on the planet its like hmmm we can save one species which will still let the other species survive and from what we can see they will probably get along well but we wont beacuse some time some one is going to draft a (dramatic pause) directive of non interference and untill then I wont help people(lame-o)

18. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    draco is not one of us, he must be destroyed! ;)

19. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    Agh!! speel cheque!! :p

Have you ever read the nitpicker's guide to Star Trek? The ST:TNG is 2 volumes. I have both. I don't know if there are any for the other serii. There are tons of continuity problems. They probably have one of those books like comic book writers have that has all the stuff the chars can and can't do.

I need to watch more often. I am at church on Wed, so I can't watch it then. Is the encore on Sat or Sun?

20. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Sunday, 8 PM.

I think Enterprise is very true to the Star Trek ideals... Er, ya, our Earth history is the Star Trek history... It also has a lot to do with precedent, the Klingon species was practically re-written in Star Trek: The Motion Picture in the opening scene and throughout the movies. The original series Klingons are a far cry from what Gene Roddenberry later established, mainly because he didn't have all the resources back in his 60's show.

As for the phase cannon installation in a day... give em a bit of license, it makes for a good plot. Besides, it's not entirely unrealistic if you'd think that most of that time at spacedock they'd spend testing.

--Haite

Hitometer: 54,601,416 since 1995