Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Saddam / Bush / War / Taxes thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kalgareth, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    ding ding ding!

you win the boobie prize

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Sorry to say this but CNN is nolonger for me a reputable source of information. Almost everything they put out now is a constant stream of thinly veiled attacks against our current administration.

3. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    huh huh, you said "boobie" :retard:

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I am mesmerized.

6. Vokbain

Vokbain Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Quoted for truth.

7. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    That´s a common response on this forum, I`m just adapting.

8. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:

I would rather have neither. But between the two, why couldnt Australia conquer Iraq?

After all the money we have spent it better damn well be

The thing about those 1,000 plus is they could have been avoided, about 1/8th of all civilian deaths was avoidable, does that sound any better?

A.) Capturing Saddam will not stop the attacks

B.) More violence

My point exactly, more every day violence, nothing big, but every day.

I with you, it was my belief that coming into the war the U.S had no real after math plan except to look for WMD and terrorists/leaders.

Yup, a nice big tax cut and now a nice big overcharge. I was simply pointing out another idiocy of the current war, that is no-bid contracts.

No one is complaining about Saddam being gone, at least I hope not. He committed some horrific deeds, to me full out invasion is kinda of like using napalm to kill a gopher in your yard; there are far more effective, cost reasonable solutions to do it.

9. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I heard an analyst, he said that there were groups who DID not want to join the resistance while Saddam was still on run for fear that he might come back, but now that he´s gone they are more likely to start attacking the occupants as well.

10. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I thought we established that this thread sucks...

11. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Come on, let´s make it even suckier together!

12. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    why wait? :p

13. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    I know, but I've got to take a stand on this. Don't state your opinions if you can't/don't want to defend/debate them.

Wow, thats some decent evasion.

Like I said before hindsight is 20/20. If we could do everything perfectly Saddam would not have been in power in the first place, and we would be living in some kind of a paradise.

So its like when Saddam was in power? except now people are working to curtail the violence?

Haha! That image is one of the funniest things I've heard this year! But seriously what other solution would you have suggested? Sanctions? Regime engineering? yeah those have always worked well.

14. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:

15. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Time will tell.

16. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:

First of all they are working on removing the unexploded munitions albeit not as fast as they could be(or so I hear) But honestly if people are playing with unexploded munitions... well, lets just call it a bit of chlorine in the gene pool.

True, but in all fairness when your talking about governments, its more degrees of ineptness, and corruption. ;)

Wow! that didn't even touch on the point you were "responding" to.

fixed quotes -jake

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2003
  17. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:

Because they lived in such an impoverished country and do not know what a cluster bomb looks like then they are obviously not worth saving, so why the hell are we over there bring them "democracy" et al? Hell, I have never even seen a cluster bomb

Did you see the line break? I.e. a new subject? Looking back at my previous post I think I did respond to the point in question.

Here, just another quick and casual read about increasing violence.. This however be temporary flare up, still more violence to and already high daily basis.

18. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    I felt I had to respond to this again after doing some more research on cluster bombs.

Each bomblet has a 10 to 30 percent chance of being a dud. In the original gulf war these unexploded cluster bombs killed more than 1,600 civilians.

Hindsight? How about stupid planning and awful weapons. I thought the U.S had laser guided bombs and all?

Some cluster bombs, like the CBU 26 have 670 tennis sized balls; each ball filled with 300 metal shards! Yum, shrapnel! With a 10 to 30 percent dud rate that comes out to 67 to 201 duds. If that is not bad, lets look at the CBU 63, 2025 bomblets. DO I need to do the math for this one?

In Laos there is an estimated 10 million unexploded cluster bombs. 30 years after the war and there is 10 million? F*** the U.S.

The WDU-4 explodes many meters above ground sending 6,000 metal barbed darts over a large area at high speeds. Basically a giant nail bomb.

CBU 41? Well, thats napalm. CBU 89, well that one is mines, but does not qualify as mines so it is not banned like the rest of mines. The Honest John, ever hear of that one? Sarin nerve gas.

CBU 87, this bomb saw alot of action in the original Gulf war. It has three settings, anti-personal, anti-armor and incendiary (setting the target area on fire). A B1 bomber can hold enough CBU 87s to blanket 350 football fields. Lets do the math. 50 yards wide, 100 long. 5,000 square yards. For a grand total of 1,750,000 square yards. Ok, now to convert that into something people can relate to; 1.77 square miles or 4.5 square km.

Hindsight tells me we should not be using these weapons for the last 30+ years.

The European parliament banned cluster bombs. No one to blame but the U.S.

EDIT: Source. FAS

Last edited: Dec 16, 2003
  19. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I can debate it, but the debate will be pointless and you´ll all hate me.
    If I remember correctly Jake has used this a few times.

20. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    mud, know that I´m with you on this one.

Hitometer: 54,668,596 since 1995