Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Religion again

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DunAzrael, May 12, 2003.

1. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    yes, a state of equilibrium is the state of most entropy which is what Nature tends to do. It's up to humans to keep everything from going to chaos... DIE COMMUNISM DIE!

2. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    I actualy read an article on how some scientist created a bubble with some weird exotic matter that didnt follow these rules and actualy it went backwards. Ill look around for it. Wasnt that long ago.

3. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    you mean backwards in time?

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    h4x0r!

5. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    Check your bibles, Jesus may have seen something.

6. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Why fight nature?

7. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    we have always been fighting nature... That is part of what makes us human.

8. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Life defies nature. If a natural system always goes to the lowest energy state, why do we bother standing? Why don't we just lay on the ground where our potential energy is the lowest?

9. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Native north americans would probably be the exception. Also natives to Africa. Everyone else fights against and destroys nature.

10. ogopogo

ogopogo Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ya, what can we do? We are enviromental parasite aferall :) Time to leech anime off iRC again muhahahaha!

11. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Unless you have more anime then the one you are downloading you are fine. Your download will only even out the differences.
    Go with nature. Flow!

12. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    :confused:

Just ignore him. He's not making sense.

13. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ok, my point on the perfect circle thing was that just beacuse we can't do something yet, or find anyy examples of it we should not assume that it has been impossible. But I digress:

Ha! that's bull. First of all only non living things work like that. Everything alive strives to propagate and be as successful as possible at what ever the cost to other things. (Gee, sounds like capitalism doesn't it?)

Secondly we don't "fight" nature, we ARE nature(at least a part of it) and like everything else in nature we compete with the other parts of limited resources to spread.

Like I said before you can't fight what you are. And what I think makes us "Human"(I assume you mean sentient here) is our ability to not "fight"(maybe exploit is a better term here?) as much as we could and keeping resources around for the future(we are kind of self regulating to a limited degree since we have put our selves at the top of the "food chain").( and of course self sacrifice and higher thought)

Yeah it's not like they drove entire herds of buffalo off of cliffs and then harvested only the choicest parts leaving the rest to rot :rolleyes:. "natives" exploited nature just as much as we do, we are just more efficient at it and there are more of us.

Stupid agent smith :p other species don't reach an equilibrium they expand as much as possible and then die off then expand again over and over and over. We have not yet reached our environmental limit and so we keep expanding and will until we hit our limit(or create one our selves, like the population limits in china)

14. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    which i would prefer since it would be more of a calm sublte solution.

15. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I used the wrong word. I did not really mean nature I meant more like, physics.
    Don´t fight physics. Perhaps that´s a better way to put it.

Draco:
    Fact is living beings do work like that. Quite a lot of bodily processes are only possible becasue of osmosis. Osmosis is when things like molecules travel from high concentration to low concentration without the need to use any energy.
    We take up oxygen that way. More oxygen in the air then in the blood. The oxygen then travel to even out the difference, that´s why we can´t take up all the oxygen in the air.
    The air is about 21% oxygen when we breath it in and about 17% when we breath it out.

About your circle point. Yes, I understand what you are saying. I never based my "there is no perfect circle"-thingy on the fact that we have never seen such a thing. I based it in logic.
    I was not right all the way.

We can fight nature, and we are fighting nature. Cancer is a part of you. It´s your own cells that mutate and begin to dublicate. Yet you fight it.

To the primitive human stuff:
    Humans have never lived in harmony with nature. It is my view that as long as we have a capitalistic view of life we will never exist in harmony with nature. I think a communistic society that lives in harmony with nature is possible. To archive that things must be sacrificed. Living-standard etc. etc.

I was not really serios with this idea of mine. I just think it´s a fun argument to throw in the face of other people. It carries no real weight.

16. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    If person A has 50 anime movies
    person B has 10.

Person B downloads onw from person A
    -> A=50 B=11

They are now more equal. More "flow" to less.

I am making perfectly good sense.

17. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    yes but what would A say if the government taxed him in anime to pay B that one anime? You can't download money from other people, although you can share what the money was used to buy. And sharing is a virtue and a moral thing, not something that should be forced on others.

18. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Communsion will never work in a large society.

There will be always someone who is stronger and decides that for whatever reason, they will take more.

19. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    Im not sure if this is supposed to quote some uncanny religious thing. or if you are mocking me? Cause if so ill find that article and own your newb ass :hump:
    all in good spirits of course though!

20. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    Lol nice! I think by now we all know not to fight the laws that our entire reality is based upon.

Hitometer: 54,730,892 since 1995