Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

rat catcher...important?

Discussion in 'Shadowbane' started by Kaeric, Mar 3, 2002.

1. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    From bio on Rat Catcher

"There are things worse than Skrell, but I will not speak their names, even by daylight."
    I dont know...at first this seems like a fairly useless dicipline...but after i read the bio a few times it more and more seemed like Wolf pack is doing some time of revese psycology or soemthing here. Make a dicipline that sounds incrediably non-useful and make it VERY important to have. Everyone would focus on building up armies of warriors and mages only to have their city destroyed by vermin or those "things worse than Skrell". Anyone else get a bad feeling about those sewers?

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    /me gets out his pipe (the instrument)

3. Peon

Peon Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wolfpack has stated that almost the sole purpose of the rat catcher is to discover thieves/assassins with the rat polymorph ability. They can also see hidden charictures, which makes them very handy in counter-insurgence.

4. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    So pretty much they ARE important....Methinks that it would be good to have one...especially at times of war when our leader may be in the limlight for an assassination.

5. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Kaeric the Rat - Sounds good. :D

I think it will be useful to have 1-2 around.

6. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ha ha...very funny Elb. Elbereth the Long Eared assassin...now THAT has a nice ring to it :nod: :)

7. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    the rat catcher looks to be important.... who's up for volunteering to be one?
    also---->
    ive figured out the answer to all of our problems.... not enough info!!! a game thats so close to being released should definately have more info.... i may be blind and have not found it but is there even a page that tells you of spells and weapons yet to some extent?
    also another question???? Does anyone know if the game will be sold windows and mac seperately or will it be a hybrid cd?

8. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Im thinking that because it is completly on online game that a lot of the game information wil just be kept online. Thus, there would be more room on the disc, and furthermore that would allow it to be a hybrid. I seriosuly doubt that here is any real info about the game. Most of it is lore stories and speculations. No one really know what is goingon. Everyone is just making educated guesses, planning, and praying that they are right (in which case those people who have been following the game for the last 4 years will dominate because they have been planning this whole tim). For all we know there could be like 5 swords, 3 daggars, a odd axe here and there, and perhaps a cane for the mages. I mean they could all have the same animation for the different races and classes (erg...ok exageration...we do have a few screen shots, though they are two months old). But overall we just don't know. All we can do now if have faith in WP that they are making a kick ass game, and plan as if we have a clue

9. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Nah, It is Elbereth the long tongued barkeep. :eek:
    ;)

10. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    hm...long tongued eh... you best be brushing those teeth then...Dog breath is terible

Hitometer: 54,652,088 since 1995