Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

PvP

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by Scorpion, May 4, 2005.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Here's a link to a video from the number 1 ranked PvP player on illidian. Video is really good as he pwns multiple players. Examples of how sheep is used and how scorch is so great. Eventually my build will be like that with my mage. He probably has a lot of crit and +fire gears. Profession is likely to be engineering as I see a few bombs being used. No doubt he has a lot of experience with PvP as he pwned a Pally and a Hunter (killing the Hunter first then killing again after the Hunter resurrected). I'd like to know what he used to counter the fear from the Priests though. He's probably the typical 30/21 Arcane/Fire build with emphasis on Scorch since he uses it so much.

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=1502

Wasn't sure if he use Pyroblast or not but I think he does.

Technique is great. Knows when to play defensive and when to go offense. The kiting was awesome...I need more practice ;).

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    That guy is good. I love the use of sheep. :D

He's undead. It's a racial ability.

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thought that was passive though.

Notice how he uses fireball then spams scorch like a madman. That was some good stuff.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    It can be used at will. You can use it to break fear while you are feared:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/races/undead.html

5. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sheesh...no wonder he killed those priests so easily. That's about the only viable weapon they got against a mage.

6. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    He seemed to wax priests very easily and got those rogues with no problem as long as he kept ahead of them but what are the toughest races to pvp against for a mage?

7. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think you mean class. A warlock(demonology spec'd). They can share life with their Void Walker = 10k life. Good luck taking one down before you die since they are also caster type. Demon spec'd warlocks are just broken...can't do nothing about that.

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Isn't it supposed to be a rock/paper/scissors kind of thing? So the warlock is the rock to the mage's scissors. Is there a class that's paper to the warlock's rock?

9. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    So far I don't think so. Just imagine dueling a demon spec'd warlock with any class. Warlock is caster = ranged. They got spells that debuff and weakens you. They use Felhound as first pet and right when it dies, instantly summon a VW (10 sec summon - 9.5 sec reduction from talent = .5 sec) which they share life with so that the majority of the dmg would go to their pet first. In essence you would have to kill 2 pets + the warlock. VW alone has about 10k life. Not to mention that they can just drain your life away to compensate for the dmg they take.

10. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's not always a rock/paper/scissors thing with Blizzard. Somehow they seem to favor caster types in their games more than other type, at least that's what I think. For example, look at Diablo 2 (their other game where you can PvP). The sorceress is the best char in that game (namely Blizz Sorc) given that she has all the important gear. There is no char that can kill a Blizz Sorc if the player has a little experiece with PvP and all the important items. Why? With items like Death Fathoms and Cold Facets, it's so rare to survive against a well placed Blizz. I have only known of one instance when another player survived such an encounter and he was very lucky just to do that. Reason being that with just one hit, Blizz will instantly kill you because there is simply no way to resist/absorb all the dmg output.

Hitometer: 54,593,345 since 1995