Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Powerbook Function keys

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Jedsia, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I had my PB g3 set up so that the F1-F12 were set to be used without holding down the "fn" key on keyboard, but after d2 crashed hard on other night, it went back to default setting (ie, brightness, sound level, num locks).

i'm running OSx.1.5 and I can't find where to set this back to the way it way. I looked in System Prefs, there was nothing in keyboard prefs to set it back and I couldn't find it anywhere else. Where is this setting in OSX? I know how to do it in Classic, but surely you can set the keyboard options up in OSX too.

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't think os x has that built in. I use a separate app to do that.

3. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    i just checked to see if i could set the function keys through classic and have it work on osx also, but the funny thing is, that option is no longer there in classic in the keyboard control panel.

something odd is going on I think, i've had my keyboard set up for over a year with the function keys acting as function keys and not brightness/sound.... and I know I did it through the control panel in OS 9.

how else can you set this up? i basically can't game right now on the PB because of this, it's a pain to hold that button down for function keys and try to do everything else you need to do.

4. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    So cow what program is it that you use.

5. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    HotApp

Hitometer: 54,653,329 since 1995