Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Nintendo DS Lite Question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alteren, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Hi guys. I havne't been able to get a good answer about htis, so I hpe it's ok if I post it here.

I was reading through the DS instruction booklet on my new DS Lite, and it mentioned unplugging the AC adapter from the wall when it's done charging.

This may be a dumb quesiton, but is it bad to play a game when it's plugged in to to wall? Is it pointless because it'll still used the battery power or does it just use the wall power when it's plugged in?

Also, is there any negative effect to leaving the DS Lite plugged in when not in use?

Thank in advance. Sorry to bother with what's probably a dumb question, but that instruction about taking out the AC adapter made me think.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I have experienced batteries dying inside of rechargable devices when they are left plugged in.

3. Alteren

Alteren MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Thanks. I kind of tested it, and it doesn't seem to affect the battery when it's fully charged, plugged in, and turned on.

It just confused me, because if I leave it off, the power slowly drains anyway. Then more power has to be used to charge it back up.

Anyway, thanks. I'll probably leave it on the AC adapter a bit, but not quite 100% of the time.

EDIT: I've e-mailed Nintendo regarding this. That should take a few days to hear form them. I figure I can get through that time without screwing it up. If something happens, I have the type of service plan that will get me a replacment pretty much regardless of what I manage to do to it :-). It was kind of cool how I funded most of it actually. I got one for my g/f for Easter, decided I wanted one, found a bunch of old gaming junk and went to an exchange store and sold it all. It got me $160...I was a happy guy :-).

Hitometer: 54,667,178 since 1995