Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Matrix Revolutions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kraahl, Nov 3, 2003.

1. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    remember what the train man said about that station of his, "down here, I'm god"? there are forces more powerful than Neo in the world of the Matrix; neo can't change things he doesn't have the proverbial access codes to. And assuming Agent Smith's code combined with that of the virtual Neo in the end of the first Matrix, it would be assumable that Smith then has the same powers as Neo does.

I think the final scene, of the sunrise within the Matrix, was a little corny. They should have shown a preview for the Animatrix Part 2, where humanity deals with getting back to the surface and freeing the humans who want out of the Matrix.

yeah, they need an Animatrix part 2.

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I saw it and I enjoyed it.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    programmer back door access :hump:

hi

4. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    Smith goes through an extreme transformation after the first movie. He is no longer an "Agent" but something much much more. I think that when Neo joins with him and destroys him in the first movie that Smith somehow gains some of Neos essence, the essence of the One. He therefore becomes just as powerful as Neo. At the very least you can't look at Smith in the same way. He has been "unplugged" and exists as a neither a program nor a human inside the Matrix. He is able to manipulate the world around him in such a way that he can actually TAKE over other aspects of the Matrix. He isn't the gimp that he was in the first one. He is on the same level as Neo.

The movie ended without everything being explained. And yes with a big sense of melancohly(sp?). But that is what makes it so great in my opinion. Everything isn't nicely tied up and answered. The sense of lose permeates the last minutes of Revolutions, but there is also an EXTREME sense of join in the fact that all will be well. The War is over. Neither side was beaten, there was no victor. But there is Peace and I find that more meaningful than if there had been some kind of mass destruction of either side. It remedies the questions and debate introduced in the "Second Reinassance Parts" so damn well... Love it.

5. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    i havent seen the movie yet, i dont know what happens, but thanks for confirming my suspicions :P

6. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
  7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
  8. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    great movie....

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    saw it. it sucked.

10. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I just saw it, enjoyed it a lot! the ending was a little undefined/obtuse but I liked it.

11. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    It was okay, pretty entertaining. It's such a far cry from Matrix 1 though, you can't even compare them. The themes between the two were so disjointed, it was as if the brothers focused so much on differentiating them that they lost any semblence of similiarity.

12. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Finally watched it, honestly I thought it was pretty good. Not excellent, but way better than what everyone was saying it was.

Many comments have said it's the bible in the future and that neo is too much of a jesus/savior archetype, but they're pretty much wrong. He obviously had limitations and was weaker than Smith, but within his defined confines he did what was expected.

The ending wasn't that predictable. All in all it was a great sci fi, just didn't live up to the first because everyone misinterpreted the first. Go back and watch it, everything from reloaded and revolutions are in there just masked because the majority of the story happens within the matrix. It was obviously a precursor to the second two, hints are dropped everywhere.

13. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Went and watched it after turkey yesterday, and I must also say it wasn't as bad as I feared. In fact I found it rather enjoyable, the battle with the sentinels in Zion was quality nail-biting stuff. I think it just suffered from expectations that were too high. The W brothers caught lighting in a bottle with the first one, that was going to be hard to duplicate for anyone.

Overall, I'd give it a B. Not up to the A+ of the first one, but it wasn't the colossal waste of money that some other recent sci-fi movies were (read: Eps I and II).

14. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:

15. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    Woot!!!

Damn Straight Cow!! I loved Rev and I am most definitely not a matrix fanatic by any stretch of the imagination. I can't believe how much smack talk has been circulating about Revolutions. Very well said and I agree fully, ESPECIALLY about the biblical references that everyone seems to find. How can some people make associations that just aren't there?

16. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Funny how peoples oppinions change when they see it :p

17. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    ...some people

Hitometer: 54,602,035 since 1995