Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Matrix Revolutions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kraahl, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    i hated it. steaming pile of crap

2. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    I loved it, the first 10 minutes of it was slow, but after thta I loved it. I wish more actually took place IN the Matrix, but still loved it.

3. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    i wish more was in the matrix as well, and approximately 90% more of the zion defense scene could be taken out to make some kickass fighting scenes. What a boring waste of movie, it would have been 45 minutes - 1hour long if it was just the content i enjoyed. I associate matrix with martial arts and bullets and slow motion, not star-wars-esque "OMG HAHHA THERE IS NO WAY THE AUDIENCE EVEN SUSPECTS WE WILL FAIL TO GET TO ZION IN TIME NO WAY AT ALL" bullshit. Everyone knows they were going to arrive safely, why not shorten the trip there? The people in our theater did not clap. They did not cheer. They LAUGHED. They LAUGHED at it.

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I wish film makers like the Wachowski brothers or George Lucas had the balls to come out and say "okay, that movie was terrible, I don't know what I was thinking; let's get rid of that and try again". If I were a major director/producer, and I made a stink bomb, I'd have to get rid of it, proclaim it not canon, and remake it until I got it right.

5. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    I don't know what all you negative people are talking about. The movie was freakin ART!!! Absolutely amazing.

And Haite don't even THINK about putting George Lucas in the same league as the W Bros. George's original work revolutionized the entire Sci Fi world. 20 years later he has become a hack with a complete lack of coherent creativity and no idea how to tell a story.

I think a LOT of people are turned off by it because it is a purely Sci Fi Trilogy. This was NOT an "Action" movie. Hell none of them really were. The original Matrix was mearly a prelude for the "bigger story" that would happen in Reloaded and Revolutions. Sometimes I think viewers are too consumed by their need for big ACTION and a very typical plot with a simple ending and beginning with all the pieces falling together really nicely and everything explained. There might be predictable twists and turns that everyone thinks are clever but after repeat viewings loose their appeal. Everyone seems to want more Spidermans and Batmans with your stereotypical hero fighting some plausible enemy who is out to destroy the world... blah blah blah. This is a movie like 2001: A Space Odyssey. Sure it has cool things going on like crazy special effects and "ooh ahh" moments but what truly makes it great is the actual STORY being told. Like 2001, not everyone is going to like the complete work that is the Matrix trilogy, but perhaps down the road sometime people might actual begin to realize how amazing the story really is.

I don't know if people were really ready for what the W Bros were trying to do. Everyone seems to want it all explained with nothing left to the imagination. The don't want to think... they just want to watch s**t get blown up and see some wicked fight scene. Get over it!!! Understand the story and realize its greatness THEN come back and we can talk.

>>End Rant

P.S. That was a cruel post there Auto. Spoiler warnings are your friend.

6. Arisu

Arisu Peasant

Market Rating:
    As i was thinking... these arent individual movies, even though released like that, its one long series. Watch all 3 in a row for a better 'movie'. :)

7. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    no, 2 and 3 were one movie as a sequel to 1. And I had to pay money to watch both seperately, so they dissapoint me.

The story sucked too. It was just the bible in the future.

8. Arisu

Arisu Peasant

Market Rating:

And here i thought thatd make em a series to be watch in a row not as a individual movie...

Yes it was... OH NO I HAVE A CROSS OF WHITE LIGHT!!!!! BURN SINNARS!

9. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    If that is sarcasm there is much more to it than that. Perhaps you missed the fire-vision rippled ground thing when he was walking. Water, anyone?

And 2 and 3 could be one sequel to 1, but they do not flow like 2 -> 3, there is an unspecified amount of time from 1 -> 2+3

And if i only have enough time to watch one of them in a day, id like some enjoyable content in each, because i dont always have 6 hours to catch the full "experience".

So if it IS one long movie, it had a horrible final 2 hours, hence i now think that "The Matrix" sucks. No. I liked the first 2, I really did. This one pissed me off. If it is one long movie, it gets a 40%. Individually, 100%, 70%, 30%.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  10. Arisu

Arisu Peasant

Market Rating:
    I didnt mean you should watch em like that. I was simply saying thats how they played out. And it doesnt have to be 1,2, then 3.

I missed that water part, but now that i think about it, haha! And what about the whole eyes gone i can see anything deal?

11. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    and the dying to save humanity thing. Call the machines and/or smith "sin" and BLAM, Jesus Christ on a mechanical cross = Neo.

so you didnt mean this?

12. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    You are making references to Christianity that you don't have to. Does the movie piss you off because you think it was some kind of religious statement that you WANT to see?

"The Bible in the future"? Eh? Can you give a more elaborate and convincing argument rather than a reference to a cross and Jesus walking on water?

This movie doesn't work as a biblical story on so many levels it isn't even funny. Why do people insist on seeing things in this movie that AREN'T there?

Why don't you just pick a time when there were 12 people on screen with Neo. Then you could assume that was an allusion to the Disciples and Christ. Come on now. Don't let any preconcieved notions that this movie was religious in nature take away from your ability to enjoy it for what it is.

Undeniably there are nods to various myths, legends, and classical lore throughout these movies. But they are just that. NODS. The main premise is completely original and the story that is entwined around it similarly so.

Maybe step back a bit and take another look.

13. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    Still didnt have enough matrix style fighting. The story isnt my main peeve, THAT is. THey should have named this one "Not Inside The Matrix"

14. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    Alright... very valid point. The Kung Fu was definitely not there as much as in the previous two. If that is what really grabbed ya in the original then the sequels obviously don't live up to your expectations.

But if all you are looking for is good martial arts go rent "Enter the Dragon." I don't think anything will ever come close to that classic.

15. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    I find that sad that you looked to the Matrix for Kung fu fighting and all, I always saw them as these killer movies because they told a great story.

Why do I love the Marathon series so much, because of the story.

16. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    Look at the lobby scene in Matrix one. Honestly ask yourself, would that movie have been complete without it?

I loved the marathon story... is that game still commercial or is it abandonware + downloadable somewhere?

I also did enjoy the story in the matrix, i personally just think it was concluded horribly.

17. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Marathon is NOT abondaonware. Go buy it, it will cost you 5 bucks at most.

I loved the conclussion to the series. For a change I do not have every single question in my mind answered. It is nice to have an answer of my own or to discuss it.

I could see the original Matrix without the lobby scene, sure it was awesome and kicked ass, but it didnt move the story along.

18. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ah. apparently they only released Durandal on the PC, not 1 or Infinity. Perhaps i will buy them for my mac.

I loved the pictures drawn for the communication with the wall things (i forget what the computer things were called), they looked so neat and reallly added to the story.

19. Arisu

Arisu Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes, i did.

the story IMO was great. The end was too overdone maybe? I love having to think up the ending to things, its make it the best. :)

20. Azazel

Azazel Peasant

Market Rating:
    If you ask me the should never have made the two last movies. The first movie was great and and it could easily have ended there. Most dissapointing thing for me was how Neo went from being all-mighty at the end of the first movie, then going back to being a weak dude that gets his ass kick by agent Smith all over again. I get the thing about the upgrades and all that, but he is THE ONE. I thought he was able to change anything he wanted as he saw fit and everything. But the last movies at least brought more of a final end to the story. the third movie ended kind of melancholic though.

Hitometer: 54,601,964 since 1995