Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Matrix Matrix Matrix!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterHalleck, May 6, 2003.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I hate it when people talk during a movie. Next time I go to a movie and I got "critics" behind me, or giggly kids, I'm gonna say "If the movie is interuppting your conversation, we can ask to turn it off".

I mean, am I the only one wo actually wants to watch the movie in peace? Even adults are bad about chattering the whole time. It's rude.

Also people bringing babies to movies, how asinine. Someone brought all their kids to X-men and I personally wanted to kill all of them, including the selfish mother who didn't want to bother with a babysitter. X-men2 is NOT fit for babies, and anyone under age 9 at least, if not 12.

2. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Oh yes! This has been a pet peeve of my wife and I for years. When we saw Jurassic Park in Hawaii, the place was full of little kids expecting Barney. They were terrified. Stupid parents.

3. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    I saw Jurassic Park in Hawaii..... were you stationed there?
    I graduated in 92 at Waipahu High (Dad was at Sand Island Coast Guard base) but I hung out at Pearl all the time, and Barber's Point beach.

I always want to ask the parents if they think they're scarring their children for life. My mom took me to see Alien in theatres, and I was like 4 or 5. I could'nt eat dinner for months without thinking about that dinner scene in Alien. That movie gave me nightmares for months.

4. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think you can take really small kids... like a year without any trouble.

5. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    No. Inappropriate unless it's Disney. And even then 1 year is young. 3 or 4 is youngest I'd take to Disney or animated movie.

A one year old does not belong in a movie like X-men or Matrix. Nor 4 or 5. No. 9 maybe. Teenager ok, as long as they keep their trap shut.

Personally I think the theatre should hand out gags for people who can't shut up.

6. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Go get'em Misty

7. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    What I´m saying is. I don´t think children of age one will suffer any damage from watching, say, X-men2. A 3 years old might.
    It might be inapproriate, because they will likely disturb the rest of the audience.
    This is just what I think.

8. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Lol, can ya tell I'm sick of going to movies and having to listen to screaming babies, self-proclaimed movie critics, teenagers who giggle, snicker and chatter the whole movie and little kids who are terrified or jumping up and down in their seats.

I pay good money to go see a movie. I have every right to enjoy it. If you want to talk, rent a movie. If you want to go to a theatre, have some respect for other people, shut up and leave your kids at home with a babysitter, unless you're going to see Daddy Day Care, and in that case, leave your baby home.

9. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I was stationed at subbase from 1992-96.

10. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm going to see Matrix: Reloaded tonight at 10:40, anyone else catching it tonight?

11. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    oh man, i hate my age group. i saw X2 opening night, and all the god damn teens laughed at ANYTHING that could, barely, by the farthest stretch of the imagination, be considered sexual innuendo.

12. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    well, I mean, what about cheering when something cool happens (like in LOTR2 when the Ents were busy demolishing Isengard). That's something that they were expecting from the book and it was depicted beautifully. Everyone was excited when I saw it.

Man, the cheering that's gonna go on when those first few green letters come scrolling down the screen...

13. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    clapping, cheering and laughing are all fine.

It's the obnoxious jerks that ruin the overall experience by being selfish, rude ingrates that can't keep their mouths shut long enough for you to pay attention to the movie without feeling like turning around and ripping their throats out.

Or in the case of screaming babies, taking the parents out and beating them for not bothering to get a babysitter. And I have kids so I know how hard that can be sometimes, but I live with it. If we can't get a babysitter, Jesse and I take turns going to the movie. Sometimes it's fun, because we each get time to ourselves....unless you count the few people I always want to kill by the time the movie is over.

Last edited: May 15, 2003
  14. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I hate people who clap.

15. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    Me too. I dont really think the screen/audio system GIVES a shit if you think the movie is good. No one there to congratulate unless it's a showing in hollywood with the screenwriters there.

16. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Exactly.

I just watched the first one again to prep for tomorrow.

17. aleldtritch

aleldtritch Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm discussing the movie below. I'm not spoiling anything, but if you don't want to read anything about it than don't read the rest of this post.

Excellent movie. There were some slow and poor segments of dialogue, and some scenes that didn't seem to pretain to the plot lasted quite long, but it's absolutely perfect for a fan of the first movie. They actually managed to create better action sequences, and took the 'bullet-time' to a whole new level. The cinematography was great, as was the battle-scene choreography. The acting was fine, although not much emotion by any of the major characters. The plot jumps around a bit, and certain subplots aren't expanded on or end abruptly, but there are some really nice twists. Unless you've read a bit about it, you will probably be left confused after a few parts. The graphics and special effects are stunning and realistic enough not to distract you. I could tell when a few shots were CG, but it wasn't obvious. But everyone should definetly see it in the theaters.

Oh, and there's a 30 second teaser for the third movie after the credits.

edit- so many spelling errors, but it's quite late for me so I'll clean it up a bit tomorrow.

18. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Oh no!~ This thread is turning into a bitch thread too. :eek:

19. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    STOP TALKING I"M SEEING IT SATURDAY IF YOU PROCEED YOU MAY RUIN IT FOR ME!!!

aaah!

ok but what you have said already is ok

20. Vokbain

Vokbain Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    The fight scenes and effects and car chase was all wicked awesome, but overall, it was a goofy movie.

X2 was much better.

Hitometer: 54,601,097 since 1995