Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Lvling

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Scorpion, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I noticed how blizz always have a way to power level a char. It always require a AE casting class. In D2, there's the sorceress killing everything to in Baal/Cow runs and now in WoW the mage can do the exact same thing. However in order for this to work, a healing class is necessary and the char being leveled must be at least lvl 45. I just realized this last night but if we can get a healer to lvl 45, we can lvl him/her up to 50ish in no time. I'll talk with Jake on this today after class or online about how this could be done. I might ask him to help level up my pally but this is by far the fastest way to lvl. This way my pally can go get those Thorium ores in Un'goro and the other lvl 50s area. If anyone is wants to lvl up faster and is a healer like Burlingame and Moonreaver, give me a holla when you see me on and I'll tell you the strategy of doing this.

2. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Why don't you just post the strategy? I'd like to know.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Round up a bunch of creeps, frost nova, back up, activate arcane power, activate presence of mind, flame strike (AOE fire), arcane explosion (AOE arcane) until they are dead.

While the mage is doing this, they might need heals.

You can pull about 1000 XP per group if you are rested and get at least 5 or 6 creeps per group. When I farm pirates, they give me about 200 XP each when I am rested. But only the level 45 pirates give me XP now. The level 44 ones are gray for me now.

4. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Actually I was thinking more in terms of 12-15 Zombies from Sorrow Hill. I saw a lvl 52 mage pull at least 12 and he solo'd them without healing. He was a frost mage and uses blizzard and nova.

Method:
    1.Get on mount and run around gathering as much as possible without them starting to run back to their spot.
    2.Get off mount and nova them.
    3.Blink away and start casting blizzard in front of them(pts used in Chill and permafrost etc to give blizzard the chill/freezing effect).
    4.When they get close do a Cone of Cold and then nova again. If nova hasn't reset, the chill from the cone should keep you from a distant for a while till nova is up. Or use Ice Block/Ice barrier to keep yourself safe.
    5.Nova and repeat step 3.

The mage was successfully killing at least 10 each time. Only time he got in trouble was if someone tried to help him and instead pull more that were fresh on hp. He got really pissed when a hunter,priest,warlock,etc tried to help out by attacking the mobs cause it makes them stop running into his blizzard. Very effective but with our nova mages, we could do the same easily and with a low lvl healer, the healer would be getting major xp not that we won't either since those are lvl 50-52 mobs.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Are you a frost mage?

6. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Not anymore. I'm more arcane/fire now but I could still do the same except it was lagging horribly last night and it takes 3 sec for me to get an explosion off. I was so pissed.

Oh btw the area next to that area has lvl 54-56s so we could do a double team with a healer as long as the lag isn't horribly bad as it was last night. And anything under lvl 45 shouldn't even attempt to enter the area cause I saw a lvl 43 running down the middle attracting basically every mob on both sides of the road. You have to be lvl 45 at least cause the aggro range won't be as big. Calendryll said he got 20k xp in 10 mins with you guys last night and he's lvl 52 so imagine what type of xp a 45 would get. Can you say power lvl? :D

7. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Keep in mind I was rested.

8. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    So is my pally. Full bar of rest.

9. charlybrown

charlybrown Peasant

Market Rating:
    I wasn't doubting the AOE of the mages, there's always a way to power lvl, in any game, sometime if not even intended. People are now boosting enchant on sorceress to power lvl from rogue camp to ball, it really works, you do 4k dmg with your initial weapon and 1k AR. (Just a little parentheses)

I know that there is a reduction in xp for not being the same lvl as the mob. If the party man is yellow to you, you split xp half and half, if they are orange or red, I believe you get 1/3 and 1/4 respectively, that needs to be verified though, I'm just taking a rough guess. For each lvl difference, there is a 1-2% reduction in xp gained.

So say you solo the group of mob assuming you get 200xp from a mob 5 lvl below you, the mob for a chr five lvl below you should get aprox. 220xp. but you have to split that up so the right lvl character will get 110xp.

Say now you bring in a character that is around 10 lvl below, that's considered a big lvl gap, so say the other guy will get 1/4 of the xp, that's around 26xp.

I'm just speculating :P maybe I should get all this verified somehow.

I remember a few cases: in deadmines, I was about lvl 20, jake was around 45. elbereth around 32, haite around 26, think we had moon too, who was around 39. Can't remember exact number.

I got 18xp for each lvl 18 elite humanoids. soloing them with a lvl 24 warrior yields close to 220xp.

Another time, I tried killing stuffs with jake helping me, he was between 45-50, I was 22 or so, we tried killing lvl 23-24 in duskwood. I has close to 20xp per kill. If he helped as an outsider of the party, I had exactly 1/2 xp.

I think the best would be to have the guy you want to lvl initially hit all the targets, then mage come and lay massacre, but mage won't get xp and nobody can aggro and hit all withint that small lapse of time, maybe a warrior using cleave.....

OK I said too much/

Jakeman likes this.
  10. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yes but if you can get within 5 levels of one another then all is good. You and the mage get loads of xp and level extremely fast. Ertai can level at about twice the rate I do, although I dont know how much more time he is on either.

11. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I usually play from 8pm-1230am each day. However I'm usually running through Deadmines or try to lvl my profession instead of gaining lvls or doing quests. I also switch chars because in the end my main char would be my pally. I'm getting engineering and enchanting on my lvl 14 rogue so that ultimately all the stuff would go to her for enchanting first then sent back and I'm gonna try to get a couple of dragons and trinkets made for my pally to use. I might go with the mage also but if I get all the Thorium armor recipes, then my pally would be my main concentration.

12. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Setting up a franchise, nice.

Hitometer: 54,591,712 since 1995