Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

lost D2 case (and cd-key with it)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dapork, Aug 7, 2006.

1. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    I was thinking of playing some diablo 2 (online) so I took out my three disks, which I've been carrying around in a cd case with a bunch of games for about two years now, to install them and I got the message asking for the CD-Key. Shit. I threw away all my game and CD boxes when I moved for college two years ago. I had forgotten about the damn CD-Key.

I bought D2 fair and square. I have the cinematics disk, the install disk, the play disk, and the expansion disk, but unfortunately I don't have the case, the manual, or my receipt. Do you guys know of anything someone in my position can do? I'm gonna call Blizzard in a few hours when they're open, but I can't see how to prove that I'm legit....

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I doubt Blizzard will do anything. You could easily be scamming.

I write down all CD keys on my Starcraft notepad. You should do the same.

3. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    "If you do not have the CD case or manual, then the CD itself can be sent in."

pwned! That was in the automated reply I got regarding my lost CD-Key. It'll probably be a long process since I'm sending from Europe but at least it'll happen.

Then again, could someone tell me how WoW might run on a powermac G4 with 1.33 GHz and 512 MB DDR SDRAM?

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Then I can only assume the CDs are branded with the original key somehow.

5. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    It'll run. My other computer is an 867 G4 (dual) with 1 gig (recommend upping the RAM - it helps) and WoW runs - a bit slowly - on it.

6. Unshra

Unshra Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Exactly, it will run just slow my old Mirror G4 (Same config as Elbereth) ran okay with the setting high (not maxed) however when I decided to add more ram and used a type that was suppose to be compatible (according to Kingston's site) I found I would have kernel panics quite often.

So if I would suggest getting RAM that other's have confirmed using while playing WoW. Right now there seems to be a lot of issues related to RAM and WoW. So check the support section for Macs to see what others recommend.

-Unshra

7. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm assuming you're talking about a PowerBook... if so, I've got the same computer, and it works fine. You might want to upgrade the RAM however, I've got 768 and it makes a difference.

8. dapork

dapork Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah I ment powerbook. Well cool, I actually bought the game today and the fifth disk is installing right now. Apparently I can only play on Europe realms though. Is it the same in the US? Does anyone here play in Europe?

Hitometer: 54,602,207 since 1995