Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

hunting / religion debate

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MisterHalleck, Jul 13, 2002.

1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think I'll have to side with Jake. Religions do more harm than good.

Oh but religions cause everyone to have higher moral standards and treat others better. Religions also cause wars where millions of people die.

And the Taliban were not attacking the USA in the name of religion, they were using religion as a method to manipulate others into thinking what they're doing is right.

And Kraahl, yes, America does police the world. But that's because they are one of the main superpowers. If they don't, who will? Instead of looking at all the bad things that have happened look at the good things. There will always be anger towards someone who's stopping you from doing what you want.

2. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes and that is my point. It's not religion in itself but the people who often misuse it for their own ends. Just as nuclear power can be used for good or ill so can religion, it just depends on who uses it and for what.

3. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    I died once, Did'nt like it much. Took too much time. I found some loathesome bugger to lead me out of hell. Took a while cause I had to keep translating what he said from italian into understandable english.

"In the last ring were the most foul creatures in all of hell, the malbolge. The deepest of lucifers allies. There were three.
    two lesser and one greater serving the the dark lord.
    A great throng of succubi and demon horde rested outside this place, ever waiting for the call for arms, the call for armagaedon."

Who can telll me what book this is from? I will give you 5 hundred billion dollars if you can tell me what book this is.

4. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    ooh ohh me me!! :wave: :banana:

5. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I´m sorry if I missunderstood. But the phrase "they are a member of a bad religion" sound very much like a generalization. You could´ve said "they were members of a group and believed in a twisted version of thier religion"
    I´m sorry for attacking you, but I got a bit upset.

6. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    Dante's Inferno?

7. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    It doesn't matter if we think it was twisted. It's still a religion.

8. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    cow, i think he meant that the suicide kamikaze taliban people took their religion radically. But i do agree that their religion is not a solid one... its kinda borderline.

9. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    No, they believe that taking their lives along with other infidels in the name of their God will glorify it and they will be taken to heaven where they live forever with like 20 virgins.

I'm pretty sure that there is no such thing in the normal muslam religion.

10. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes, it´s still religion but it´s not ordinary muslim faith. What I said was, you cannot say they are members of a bad religion if you don´t specify what religion, if you don´t do that you (at least I) assume you mean ordinary muslim faith and not the taliban version of it.
    ... we all agree on that the taliban version is different, right?
    It´s important to state the difference, talibans are not ordinary muslims. So when you say the talibans are a member of a bad religion you must say that you don´t mean ordinary muslim faith.

11. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    IT DOESN'T MATTER!

religion is to blame for the WTC airplane thing. it is highly unlikely that event would have happened without a force as (can't think of the word. compelling? convincing?) as religion. who in their right mind would fly a plane into a building? but wait, would a person have motive to fly a plane into a building if they were promised a place in heaven afterwards? sure!

it's like guns. many people can't handle guns. take away the gun you protect the person from him/herself.

12. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    Tons of highly dedicated special forces people if the need was there for their country. Patriotism can be just as effective as a religion in getting people to do things that they would normally not do. The key is believing in something so much that you will give anything for it. Religion is not the only thing that has the possiblity of doing this. There are plenty of other sources. Sounds like it stems from extreme devotion to a goal not religion in particular.

13. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    The trick with guns is to be able to tell who can handle one and who can't. I love guns. I've gone hunting. They are fun. But the only person I would EVER shoot for fun would be a competitor in a paintball match :hehe:

I agree- Religion does a lot more harm than good. And who says that the Muslims aren't all bad? Well, that is probably true. THe thing with the MUSLIMS is that they have a higher PERCENTAGE of bad people. Look at this.
    In current or recent conflicts:
    Bosnia-Herzegovinia: MUSLIMS vs. (some other religious group).
    Kashmir: MUSLIMS in pakistan shooting at HINDUs in India.
    9/11: MUSLIMS vs. Corporate America.
    Israel: MUSLIMS blowing themselves up to kill helpless Israeli civilians.
    Mogadishu: Muslims trying to hurt Americans to further their own ends.

I'm sorry if it seems like the muslims are getting stepped on in some of these situations, but the mere fact that they are involved in so many religion-based conflicts at once is awfully suggestive. Also, muslims are perverts. They believe in covering up their women, even here they have to wear shawls ove their heads, and at the same time they want to have VIRGINS, VIRGINS to screw in heaven! Muhammed himself had a 13-year-old wife! Gawd, I mean, that just sucks.

Once again, I don't mean to say that ALL muslims are bad- just a higher percentage of their people than other religions. Hay, even the christians have their abortion-clinic-bombers and their faith-healers, but they arent as... obnoxious... as others.

14. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    It seems like there's more because there are like 4 billion of them. They breed like rabbits and use no contraceptives.

15. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i hate patriotism for the same reasons :noid:

16. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    That's not really unusual. People around the world had wives at that age for thousands of years.

17. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    and then the scientist says: Okay, where did God come from?

my theory is that the universe has always existed and after a billions of years the universe all gets sucked into black holes and all the black holes suck each other in untill all that matter can no longer be compressed and then BANG

I don't think muslims have a higher percentage of bad people, lets see now:
    The Crusades
    The Inqusition
    World War II
    The Persecution of Religions Through the Ages
    Slavery in America
    and of course as you said the abortion-clinic-bombers and faith-healers,

and also muslims don't belive in covering up their women its just the religon beaing overlaid ontop of previous regional beliefs and as Jake said they are more populus.

I'm sorry but Patriotism is just another name for a religion

and just to throw some thing out there: say that all of the deaths caused by religions never happend can you imagine how many more people there would be?! I'm mean talk about over population!

18. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    If the universe has always existed then God could've always existed!

AND! What created those black holes?

19. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    TEN-RIC!!!!!!

What happened to teh unscientist!!!!...?

*cries* :cry: :cry: :cry:

20. Beeble

Beeble Peasant

Market Rating:
    The reason these people do these things is the way it is is twisted in there mind into what they think it SHOULD be.

Hitometer: 54,593,318 since 1995