Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

help me plz :)

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by mrdoomsday, Jul 25, 2002.

1. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    is there a way to network a windows tower to my imac?
    all i want to do is use the tower as free space.... for mp3...vids..
    im at a college right now interning and they would give me free towers that they would just trash anyways....

so can i w/o spending like 1800$?

2. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I've tried to use Thursby's Dave product but never got it to work. The problem with networking a Windows box with a mac is that the old generic Win 95/8 versions didn't support the mac compatibility plugin like an NT box.

I did manage to connect my mac to the Win box using the mac's web browser hosting service and could pull from the mac to the win box. But it won't go the other way.

Then I found another program that did what I needed to I think it was PCMaclan, yes it was. But the demo only lasts for 3 hours then it is unusable. But it'll let you go both ways, if you're like that. ;) I was going to buy it but the program costs $200US. I figured, since I didn't need it very often, I'd just reinstall the demo when I needed.

I tried straight FTP between the two but I think my firewall wouldn't let it.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    are you running OS X? the windows box should show up in the server browser. Finder -> Go menu i think

4. mrdoomsday

mrdoomsday Peasant

Market Rating:
    yeh im on OSx and i will try both once i get home...

Hitometer: 54,651,863 since 1995