Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Good place to MF

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Jedsia, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Go to the Pit in the Tamoe Highlands......drops there are insane.

It appears you can get pretty much anything in the game, as magical crusader bows, diadems, champion swords, conquests swords, etc were dropping.

As a note, in 4 runs I found the HellRack Collosus Crossbow and various set items (like Sanfers wand, gloves).

Its easy to find, just take the outer cloister wp and follow the road to the Pit. It's fairly easy to clear and the drops are amazing.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    i have been there several times with 70% mf and got nothing.

hell or nm? i'm in nm.

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm assuming hell.

4. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    It's in Hell.

Also anything can drop in there except the Annihulis charm which is only from D. Clone.

And with the amount of drops that I got that are elite based items, its only a matter of time before I get some good uniques/sets. I've got 125%, not a whole lot, but I got more in a few Pit runs than I have in all the NM baal/NM Cow/Hell BLoody that I've done. And I can handle Act 1 ok with my Fury Jon. She gets her ass kicked anywhere else, even at level 82. I can handle Act 5, but it's a royal pain. I'm gonna level up to 85 and hope I find some more goodies before tackling the Ancients.

This is the list of places that can drop TC87 (highest in 1.10)

85 Pit Level 1
    85 Pit Level 2
    85 Mausoleum
    85 Maggot Lair Level 3
    85 Ancient Tunnels
    85 Sewers Level 2 (Kurast)
    85 Forgotten Temple
    85 Ruined Fane
    85 Disused Reliquary
    85 River of Flame
    85 Chaos Sanctuary
    85 The Worldstone Keep Level 1
    85 The Worldstone Keep Level 2
    85 The Worldstone Keep Level 3
    85 Throne of Destruction
    85 The Worldstone Chamber

5. jesse_us10

jesse_us10 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I did a nm run and got a sol rune last night. I have 26% mf so I wasnt expecting much.

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    MIsty...when you say, "85 XXX XXX XXX" are you saying that your character needs to be lvl 85 to get the droprate you say?

7. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    no, clvl has nothing to do with it. 85 is the monster level for that area, at least I'm pretty sure how that works.

monster level 85 can drop TC 87, TC87 is now the highest treasure class, it was 90, but Blizz changed that with the patch.

so now items that only pindle and other certain superuniques could drop are available at the level 85 places. Also, note that Pindle is no longer listed under that, the only places in the Act 5 you can get TC87 is the worldstone keep and throne/chamber.

Also, running the Pit is easier than Meph and is alot of exp because there are a ton of champions and unique monsters. Don't just hop down to level 2, most of my good drops were on lvl 1 and because its a cave it' fairly easy to clear anyway. I've been doing the Black Tower as well since it appears the countess is the best place to get runes and I've found good things there as well, like my Java's Thunderstrokes Mat Javs.

and my zon at level 83 still gets decent exp in Act 1 Hell, in fact I think I get it faster because it takes so long to kill stuff in act 4-5. The exp may actually be less in Act 1, but I can kill faster, thus gaining exp faster than trudging through act 4-5. I did a River of Flame run and did not notice much of a gain and it took me over 30 minutes, wheras I can do 3-4 Pit runs in the same time and notice a significant exp gain.

8. 0111000001100100

0111000001100100 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I heard they upped the countess's rune lvl dropage, i don't know how high, but apparently some guy got an IST off her. he was a stranger, so i was a lil skeptical...

9. Wran

Wran Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think the old charts showed that she could drop almost everything, but the odds were just really low...

Wran

10. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Will the Countess still drop high level runes after the first kill? I've done her (Hell) about 10 times in the past day, and my highest so far is a Sol...

11. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    she rarely drops high level, but you can get them.....it jsut takes patience. si far the best I've gotten is a Shael.

I do her as part of my Pit runs, since the tower is fairly easy and I've gotten good things from there on my way down to 5 like my Thunderstroke Mat javs.

Hitometer: 54,586,315 since 1995