Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

freedom fries?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jakeman, Mar 12, 2003.

1. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    74% of the americans support it according to the Awful truth, but that´s just leftwing propaganda, right?

2. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    No, it was passed by the House. That means it is only 1/3 of the way to becoming a law. It will never go any farther.

74% of Americans support what?

3. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    Doesn't matter how many people support it.

Separation of church and state is in our consitution. The Supreme court will knock it down.
    Only private schools should be allowed, and that is because they are voluntary admissions (ie, tuition based) and parents choose to enroll them knowing their teachings. It makes sense in a Catholic or Christian based school, not public schools.

4. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yeah, so many subjects are subjective. You can't grade english, philosophy, etc.. objectively. Only maths and sciences offer that option.

But what in life isn't graded subjectively? In the workplace there will be many other factors contributing to your success other than whether or not you got the right answer. Everyone has different opinions and biases, this will be reflected on how they mark you, so get used to it. Because no one in life has no biases.

5. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    k, i hate wherever you live too.

6. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'm too mad to reply right now, my posts are going in one ear and out the other.

All I can say right now without blowing up and spending time I don't have ripping apart the dozen posts above this one (for either side) is to repeat my point relating to our president and hope it gets through this time: everything is graded statistically. Not just math, not just a few subjects, everything. If anyone needs further explanation, I'll be back when I'm not pissed to hell.

7. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    And besides, this whole education argument started because of my post showing the education of our leaders versus the education of the celebrities howling about our leaders. Which I know Kraahl said he didn't read it all, but how far did you get? I admit I scanned through most of the credentials of the leaders, since they had so many, you get the point that they know what they're talking about.

Did you bother to read the rest the argued the actual point of showing those credentials and the fact that just because celebrities get listened to because they're famous does not make them experts on government policy?

Grades are based on acomplishment, not money, like Haite says. Most college professors have so many students in their class, they barely know all their names, let alone their background. And frankly, they probably care less. They are paid to teach and that's what they do. The students do the work, or they don't and get graded according to the quality of their work, based on grading systems.

8. mud

mud Peasant

Market Rating:
    Fooled? Who said I made any of that up? Bush did NOT get admissions to the University of Texas, Austin.

9. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    nobody hates sweden, that´s the good part

cow supports my point, most things can not be graded objectivly by the teachers

I think it´s the only way it can be. I won´t piss you off anymore.
    This is my final port in this thread. Period.

10. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Kraahl, if you keep beating on the US what do you expect us to do. Just sit here and let you badmouth every aspect of our culture and country? So what if you don't respect your country... We don't care what you think because guess what, your oppinion doesn't matter, my oppinion doesn't matter, cow's oppinion doesn't matter, no individuals oppinion matters. EVERYTHING can be made to look good for one side or the other, it just takes more effort on some things. Jedsia has been giving out facts and statistics that can be confirmed and you have been like a young child in a tantrum screaming 'NO NO NO NO NO'. :blank:

11. phukket

phukket Peasant

Market Rating:
    Umm actually. Besides the swedish bikini team and volvo ads that were faked, and the goofy fighter plan that you had the Drakken(?), I have never really thought about sweden.

I surely did not think enough on Sweden to hate it.

Im not sure if the US hockey team beat Sweden for the Gold medal at Lake Placid or not, maybe it was finland, or norway, or some other freakishly cold place.

I am pretty sure if you did come to the US, you would freak out at the actual size of it.

****, you can drive straight for 10 hours and still be in Texas.

I have been to the tops of almost all the peaks of the Big Horn mountains in Wyoming, That was humbling, being able to see five states.

Ride a cablecar in San Francisco, Surf in San Diego,Try to eat the 72 once steak in Amarillo, Visit Graceland in Memphis, Watch a shuttle launch in Florida.

Once you have done some of those things, then you will have enough info on whether you hate the US or not.

I have not been to Sweden, and someday I will hope to go there. Eat reigndeer( or is that Norway?)

I have been to mexico, all over actually, I can say with conviction I hate Mexico.

Do you know why the mexicans dont do well in the olympics?

Cause everyone who can run,jump or swim is in the US

Sorry had to throw the politically incorrect joke in. I dont hate mexicans, some of my best landscapers, cooks, maids have been mexicans...... no seriously, I am just kidding.

I just dont like the corruption that is permeated all of mexico. As a dumb americano, I can usually buy my way out of whatever thing they say I did, and it pisses me off.

Hopefully Sweden is nothing like mexico in that respect.

So in summation, do I hate Sweden? NO I do not,

do I think your a xenophobic ass? Hell yes

I dont like Mexico, not mexicans, does that make me rascist?

I dont care

12. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    I can find no fault in your post phukket. Well put.

Hitometer: 54,652,562 since 1995