Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Doom...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gilgamesh, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
  2. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    genetic research? wtf?
    They totally ruined the book and video game series. It's not genetic anything. The gate on Phobos, one of the moons of mars becomes active and the "aliens" who twist their images to make them look like our "demons" come through the gate and start killing. The main character in the book, Flynn Taggart, who you play in the video game(s) is a corporal, not a seargant. He teams up with one female officer from his platoon and escapes from phobos and mars only to find that the aliens have already invaded earth. Bah, hollyfraud

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    iddqd

idkfa

4. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:

lolomgrofllmao

5. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I'm going go see it when it comes out. It looks like a fun action, no thinking required, movie. The creatures are done by the same guy who did the Preadator and Aliens( my FAVORITE movie) creatures, so they should look great.

6. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I am of a like mind.

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I will go see it also, and take my son along... the two of us will like the mindless slaughter and violence...

Plus, he has never played Doom, so he doesn't care about storyline... Hopefully the Rock will NOT do the eyebrow, tho. ...

8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    That's the Peoples' Eyebrow to you.

If ya smelllllllll.....what the Rock is cookin'!

(Yes I used to watch wrestling. No, I don't anymore.)

9. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    Can I smell what the rock is....*sniff *sniff....Ew! Gross!:sick:

10. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Trust me, your not missing much :) Not very good these days at all.

11. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Was it actually better at some point??

12. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    The mid-90's was pro wrestling's golden age.

13. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    was that with Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant?

14. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Yea I think so. There were also the Michaels brothers, Macho Man Randy Savage, Diesel, and a number of others. That was the early to mid 90's. Later on, around 1996-1999, came Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. Even though that was the beginning of the end, it was still a good time.

15. Aryx

Aryx MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    Yeah, the time from '85-'99 was THE best for wrestling. That was when WWE had competition from WCW so they had to have a good product. Now no rivals = crappy shows.

16. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have watched your american wrestling shows and I fail to see how anyone with even the sligthest amount of brain can find it amusing in any other way then the pathetic.
    And it truly is pathetic, the audience roars as Big-Muscular-Guy #1 unleashes his Mighty-Special-Move #2 (which the commentators are happy to announce with great excitement) on Big-Muscular-Guy #2 and proceeds to hit him in the face repeatedly. Well, hit everything but his face really, those punches are so far from actually hitting that it´s right out impossible to imagine that they did.

Wrestling is one of the reasons I sometimes find america disgusting, and I have no respect whatsoever for anyone who enjoys watching it seriously.

I once saw a show where two of the wrestlers where supposed to be evil-arabs, with names likes Muhammed-Jihad, they started to argue with two of the good guys. The writers of the script seemed to have gone as far as possible in their pathetic little minds to make the arabs look evil and made them give long monolouges over of the evil of americans.

Every word they spoke (despite the best effort of the script writer) was true.

After that the fighting ensued, of course the bad guys used dirty tricks, but they where eventually defeated by the good guys. Phew, good we got a happy ending.

I watched this show and it sure gave me a good laugh. And while I laughed, I was disgusted.

17. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Don't feign a lack of understanding. I hate everything about wresting, but it is very easy for me to identify the sexual urges and patriotic spirit that trigger enjoyment in others.

You don't like wrestling because you don't get enjoyment from that kind of stimulus, NOT because that stimulus is somehow fundamentally wrong. You claim a fundamental problem with such stimulus, but you fail to provide any supporting data other than the fact that people who like that kind of thing are idiots (those without brain power). Your argument is weak, underdeveloped, and inflammatory. You hope to win the day by evoking anger, and therefore irrational counterarguments, in your opposition such that they discredit themselves by damaging their own ethos.

Next.

18. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ouch. Well, you are probably right.

I hereby present my point, so to speak... I do understand the stimuli of violence and I see no real problem in that. I enjoy action movies etc.
    However, wrestling is extremly poorly executed. Perhaps it was once done better, but the wrestling Ive seen is just utterly stupid. It is in no way believable.
    And since it is poorly done, it is stupid.

I claim a fundamental problem in enjoying that which is bad.

Now you will probably say that I am not to judge what is bad and what is good. To that, I have no answer.

(I really like my own argumentation on this one ;) , but shame to the one who gives up, this forum has been too long without a nice debate :P )

19. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I was saving that one. :(

*insert argument that compares kraahl to Americans who spread their morals and values around the world*

Unfortunately you have shown some tolerance in your reply, so that argument wouldn't be very effective anymore.

20. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    No it's pretty much the same now as it was 10 years ago- bad acting is what drives many to watch it I think. Many find it humurous.

Hitometer: 54,588,836 since 1995