Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

CTF

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lurk, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Had my first taste of Warsong Gulch last night with Amaterasu and Shack. Very little teamwork from our Alliance brethren, no one wanted to take charge, most flag attacks consisted of someone trying to be a solo hero and not even making it out of the room. So, we got pretty much got owned 3-0 both times we played. The second match lasted all of 10 minutes or so.

So, being entirely too competitive for my own good, I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle that BG, seems like it's all about controlling the center and having some solid D. (the chess player in me talking)

Would love to form some all MSC teams to smack down the Horde... :)

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Teamwork is required. I have had the same experience as you... I was put in charge during a couple of sessions. I would be like:

"RALLY AT THE GRAVEYARD!"

*1 minute later*

"CHARGE!!!"

*a lone gnome mage charges*

As a mage, I seem to be more effective for defense. At least then I can get off some shots rather than being pure fodder. AOEing the occasional "bunched up" group of horde = major honor points for damage, but it usually doesn't help the team very much unless you can finish some one off.

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    So is the horde that much more organized? I noticed a lot of the same names on the horde side in our two matches, not so on our side that I recall (except for Amat, Shack, and me). Seems like they are going in as larger groups. Which is what I'd like to try, go in as a team with a plan.

Hey I thought it was a blast, want to play more, except I'd like to win sometimes.

4. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I'm going to organize some BG events when I'm 60 and we have an events page.

5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    No, they are not more organized.

They just have the advantage of a smaller population. As a result, they all know each other because they end up playing with the same people a lot. They fall into a groove much easier than Alliance players who play with a new bunch of random adds each round.

6. Delphiki

Delphiki MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Best offense team Druid / Shaman / Warr (undead)/ Priest (undead)/ Mage (undead)

Druids and Shamans can shapeshift with the flag and keep thier speed bonus...

Best Defense team Rogue / Shammy / Hunter / Warr / Mage....

Rogues stunlock and deal quite a bit of dmg, Mages can freeze or AE, Warr Thunderclap and Shout, Hunter have traps, Shammies have totems and better quick heals than Pallies for either defense or offense....

Most encounters I have seen even playing teamwork Hordies can wup Alliance...heck even FoH guys dont even have to do it in guild anymore

7. Eluna

Eluna MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    If you guys ever need some people who do WG on a regular basis here are a list of some Rebels who are usually there:

Stalka 60 Pally
    Ekii 60 Rogue
    Maelus 52 Mage
    Nukeit 60 Mage

Last time we did WG the alliance people were too busy trying to do random kills and hero the flag. Some wouldn't even party up...so sad.

Jakeman likes this.
  8. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Yup, sounds about right.

Hitometer: 56,832,252 since 1995