Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Cosmos

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Calendryll, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Okay, I dont know how many of you are using cosmos but i downloaded it the other night on my home pc and find to be invaluable. I went to my finace's house last night and went to download it there only to find that it wouldnt download. Do they have a restriction on this for something like 1 download per copy of WOW or do you think it is just not working? I also went to look some stuff up on thottbot and found that the only member of our guild listed is Donavin. I realize they are still perfecting this but what is up? Anyone else having problems with this ui?

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Cosmos is just a UI tool, right? I haven't messed with it yet. I like the default UI fine.

What about being listed on thottbot?

3. Unshra

Unshra Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    No they don't have restrictions is completely free for everyone to use (I have it on four computers.) Now what you should do when you install Cosmos is run the exe and check for updates. If it still has problems then download the alpha version, I always use the full alpha and I never had problems on my PCs or Macs.

Profiles need to be uploaded and I highly doubt most of our members even bother with it (I know I don't.) Also the upload process is still slow and can take days before displaying a profile.
    As for the UI, if your talking about Cosmos no the only time I have an issue is if I have an outdated version (i.e. whenever WoW gets a patch Cosmos needs to be updated.) if your talking about the Thottbot UI well other then it functioning like something a programmer designed (i.e. just looking ugly) I have had no problems with it. :p

Hope I helped you out some. =\

4. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Okay, I like cosmos because you can add several extra bars for your different powers/spells/items. I ran out of room a long time ago and needed them badly. Now when I am on my fiances pc it makes it much harder for me to play. 1) because i have to change the interface all around again and 2)my powers are not easily accessible any longer, its just annoying. Next, I believe thottbot is setup to download your info as you play the game to make it easier on other players to find areas, npc's, quests, etc. Well I am pretty sure I had mine setup to download as I play but there is nothing there on my guy. They have our guild and Donavin at level 21 but that is it. They are also missing some info that I know should be there. Not a big deal just wondered if anyone knew anything about it or if my understanding is wrong on how it works. Maybe they have to update the info every so often and they are behind? Main thing is the cosmos though, I just want to download it on another pc. Help?

I was downloading the full alpha version so it makes no sense right?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  5. Unshra

Market Rating:
    Yes it's a UI tool, but it gives you so many options. Some of the more popular ones are having multiple hotkeys displayed, quest minion (displays quest objectives without having a big window blocking your view) and no text scrolling for quest windows (it just pops up with all the information so you can quickly click accept.) Cosmos also has a ton of data mining tools that can be very helpful to number crunchers.

6. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    and this is not considered a third party program and therefor breaking the user agreement? Or is this blizzards workings...?

7. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Bizzard supports it.

8. Unshra

Market Rating:
    Correct, Blizzard supports UI customization hell they even have a board dedicated to it and no Cosmos is not a third part application so there is no violation.

9. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well I started using it last night, and its interesting, but makes WoW seem different somehow

10. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Why different? I thought it was awesome. All I am really using it for is the extra slots. I need help with Gnomeregan btw, if we can get decent group with us maybe we can overcome it. Whatcha think?

11. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well I dunno why but last night I was really off my game for some reason. Everything just seemed... strange though I'm not sure if it was the Cosmos or something else

12. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Where can I download cosmos? I can't find it anywhere. :confused:

13. Calendryll

Market Rating:

Hitometer: 54,651,548 since 1995