Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Clan mAc tendancies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sparhawk, Jan 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Cough.

Freedom of speech act says: You have the right to say what you want so long as it does not defame or incite hate or violence.

I think out of the most part mAc members aren't retalliating in any threatening way (well, maybe Rules and Vokban).

Where there are humans, there will be conflicts. It's inevitable.

2. Vokbain

Vokbain Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Who edited my post?

3. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    No one. It doesn't say that it was edited. :confused:

4. Vokbain

Market Rating:
    You musta html edited or something, i didnt say 'mAc sucks!', foo!

5. Vokbain

Market Rating:
    Hmm, well maybe i did... oops...

6. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Vokbain

Just wondering, what's the origin of your handle?

7. Vokbain

Market Rating:
    wtf, no i didnt!!

8. Vokbain

Market Rating:
    Vok: Vokey, my last name (not Pat McGroyn, as some are lead to believe). Pronounced Voke, not Vock.
    Bain: McBain, from the simpsons. Super Arnold type character.

9. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
  10. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ha! Cool. Ever wished they'd get rid of the Simpsons and make a McBain/Itchy & Scratchy series? MENDOZAAAAA! :)

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
  12. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    well look at that. Our first 2 page thread.

13. Vokbain

Market Rating:
    Heheh, and its all cause of my spam...

14. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    My bad. :D

15. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    And it had to be THIS one. :(

16. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    lol. Irony. :D

17. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Editorial Comments

Fact 1: I didn't know of or ever hear about Clan {mAc} or any other Mac only clan when I started this clan.

Fact 2: My e-mail to Hunter when I first started this clan said something like this: "I have just started a Mac only Diablo 2 Clan. I notice you only have 6 members. My clan already has about 50 members. Do you want to ally our clans? I think it would be better this way so we would have more Mac people *together*. I guess I'm basically saying maybe we should have your members come over to my clan and we can ally our two clans (seeing as how you are a general Mac gaming clan). Let me know what you think."

What I didn't realize was that {mAc} had A LOT more members than I thought. I was looking under their Diablo 2 section on their site where there was only 6 members listed. I got confused with how many members they had. I also admit that my e-mail may have sounded a little "Bill Gates(ish)". But I only meant good by it. I see a really tiny (perceived tiny) Mac gaming clan and I figure why not absorb our two clans? Unfortunately this e-mail really pissed off Hunter (the person I sent the e-mail to). I admit that I would have been offended too (keep in mind my misunderstanding). His reply to me went something like this:

"F-this, F-that. Clan {mAc} is soo much better. I'll see you on bnet where we will crush you and your clan. *insert more insults*."

Ever since then our clans have not gotten along. I replied informing him of my misunderstanding. He didn't reply back.

Since then, the happennings between our clans have inspired me to just reject their existence since everything else I've tried (and they have tried) has only resulted in something negative. Complete separation seems to have calmed things down.

18. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'll get the cheese, you get the mouse traps :D

19. Kalgareth

Kalgareth Peasant

Market Rating:
    It always kills me whenever I hear mAc people comment on our channel on b.net... Every time I cruised through their channel on b.net it was full of bots... There weren't any characters just a bunch of D1 or SC bots... Very rarely I would see some lvl 20 barb pansy... I am not making these comments to be confrontational but the fact of the matter is that both of our clans play the game and as cowofwar said what is the point sitting in the damn channel...

As for the history of this damn "conflict"...errr childish overreaction... I have been with this clan since nearly the beginning and when I was looking around for a Diablo 2 clan I found this one... not mAc.... Jakeman effectively got the word out across the net about THIS clan... It wasn't until I had been a member for about 2 weeks when conversations about another clan appeared... It was while we where choosing our tags that Jakeman approached you... It was an olive branch not a threat.... He realized that you weren't a solely d2 clan like we where then and didn't want any hard feelings between us... Well you guys blew the shiat out of that... You treated him like a new kid at recess and refused to even listen to his comments... you would have rather heckle him than actual have a descent conversation... It wasn't until we actually became a force on b.net that you felt threatened and looked for a way to retaliate...it was this attitude that eventually sent you into our channel constantly banning us... I am still bitter about that and your childish displays...

This thread is just evidence that on some level you are beginning to realize that we are if not your superiors in terms of activity, organization and clan participation at the very least your equals... It is time for us all to grow up and learn to live with one another and any attempts to settle differences of opinion or disputed facts is just ridiculous.... Everyone GET OVER IT

Kal

20. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I would just like to say:

1. People....just remember what your parents or teachers told you in Kindergarten, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all..."

2. We all realize that this MISTAKE was started by Jakeman, enflamed by Hunter, both clans flamed eachother, but mAc was the one to actively go out of their way to make MAC gaming as difficult as possible.

3. We have been fairly civil to eachother for awhile, so why the newly arisen angst? MAC: Just stop making stupid references to mAc... mAc: Just don't reply to stupidly posted messages.

4. If we can't get along, then how bout settling it in a more productive manner....friendly competition?

- We could set up MAC vs mAc battles in D2, Q3, UT which would be ALOT more fun then flaming eachother, and would eventually lead to a better understanding of eachother...

Damn...if I don;t sound like a friggin politician. Quick: get me a job at the UN...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Hitometer: 54,593,460 since 1995