Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Clan mAc tendancies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sparhawk, Jan 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm fairly concerned to see a number of subtle structural changes creeping in here and there. It seems to me the nature of the thinking in the clan has changed, somewhat, particularly in the attitude of some of the moderators.

A moderators only channel, so they can say nasty things about the members? Even if some of the suggestions were meant humorously, the thought that provoked it's still there underneath. That's dangerous.

How much longer before someone changes his name to Trekkie and start ranting about procedural changes? People leaving? I think part of it was this God/Demigod thing. As soon as you start with the various hierarchy, you get a Lord of the Flies situation happening.

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    lol. There's no hierachy. Jakemen is the admin and Keeksy and I do all the admin grunt work.

I don't think the moderator only forum was ever a serious proposition. :)

3. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Besides...who cares about some arbitrary hierarchy...it doesn't mean anything even if it existed anyway. It's like being an admin on a MUD a mort should never be jealous of a god because of his status. An admin is in a lonely and dark place surrounded on all sides by the crumbling paper thin walls of sanity. How many times must I move this file from here to here before I explode? Who knows. I enjoy being the silly know nothing peon of the community. That my station in this virtual world and I'm sticking to it dammit

4. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    Have no fear, Most of the mods and demigods all have livs so we would never sink to the low level of mAc......YA HEAR THAT HUNTER!!!!!!! **** YOU UP YOUR ASS BITCH!!!!!!!

Also i say most because of our friend keeksy....hehehe

5. Keeksy

Keeksy Peasant

Market Rating:
    What? I have a life.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    don't worry

I won't let this clan turn into Clan {mAc}. The Moderator's only forum was suggested but I won't do that for the reasons that you are concerned about. A mod only forum is too much like clan mAc with a few people in power talking privately.

Like it has always been, I am the admin. That hasn't changed. These new vBulletin forums offer super mod positions (demigod is my custom title for it). That just means they can moderate all the forums, not just one.

The super mods have no power beyond keeping the forums under control. Keeksy, Cowofwar, and Lars are super mods because they are the most active and visit the boards the most. This isn't at all like some IC (inner circle, like {mAc}). The super mods don't have clan altering decision making power. This clan is still very much a democracy. I listen to everyone's suggestions and try to accomodate you.

I strive for this clan to be the opposite of clan {mAc}.

Maybe I should change the user titles. I'll be admin again and the super mods will be super mod. I can see how the God and demigod thing can give you that Clan {mAc} sensation.

7. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Peasant

Market Rating:
    Osiris's point

My concern wasn't that they had the power, just the attitude. I mean, just look at mAc's server. Jeez, they could be PC users. No class, no community. It's like the retard class in high school, where they put all the _hard cases_ (okay, Keeksy, I hear you breathing hard over that last comment :D. Just settle down or I'll get the weasel out again). There's definitely a difference between the two boards, and I want it to stay that way.

No offense to those former mAc members on here who have seen the light. Obviously you have good taste or you wouldn't be reading this. Heh.

8. KrYpTo

KrYpTo Banned

Market Rating:
    ahhh, there's the MAC ignorance i've always hated

9. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    let me guess, your going to go cry to hunter

10. KrYpTo

KrYpTo Banned

Market Rating:
    cry? i just said you people are ignorant? why would i cry?

so you need any help?

11. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    This is not ignorance on our part. We go over there and look at the threads. Do you know what we see? Garbage! There are no intelligent posts or conversations going on over there.

12. Rules

Rules Peasant

Market Rating:
    All i wanna say is that first of all besides these boards yuo guys are super inactive your Clan channel is usually empty and you better remeber the reason you are in a pussy clan channel is cause of us. Second you guys are rip off's we where around for a year+ before you guys and you go and essentialy create a clan with almost the same name(mAc and MAC).

13. Hannibal~MAC

Hannibal~MAC Peasant

Market Rating:
    Yes we rip you guys off all the time. I am well aware that your clan was the first internet clan EVER made and that mAc (which in reality is a copyright enfringment) means nothing while MAC meens Myriad of Allied Clansmen...Oh Hail Wonderful mAc, how wonderful you are......hmmm whats that smell, oh thats right its sarcasm

14. TonyTheMad

TonyTheMad Peasant

Market Rating:
    das not how it is

Jake, how would you know that the mAc admins talk in private all the time. Were you ever one of them =-)
    sure we plan stuff on ICQ and irc and stuff but its usually on the lines of what kind of stuff do we need to do to improve the clan so that the members'll stop complaining all the time.
    but we're starting to get things under control again. If hunter doesn't come out of his shell I may just have to ****ing take over his job =)
    And the reason our clan looks so out of control is because it is. We've been reserving the say of the clan to hunter hoping that he'll get off his ass and do something but he never does and people are starting to lose faith in him.
    It doesn't look like he's ever going to be back to the way you guys never knew him. He was at one time a good guy, but that was before you guys 'were'
    and if we remained friends from the start you guys would never be posting things like this about how our clan stinks and stuff.
    But we're not friends because of hunter, and if it were up to me I would never have let that happened.

But you guys gotta realize that our clan isn't as bad as the individuals. There are a lot of great people in our clan who aren't blind with old hostilities and just go around bitching about other things all day and actually try and get something done instead of flaming.

so anyway I hope you guys read my thread in the other mAc directed post about how I hope we can patch up old things and be friends again

15. TonyTheMad

TonyTheMad Peasant

Market Rating:
    and why won't my damn sig work?

bah

16. Rules

Rules Peasant

Market Rating:
    You DID rip us off in the Concept in having a Mac user clan only and in your name is very simular to ours its like saying IMAC and iMac are complety unsimular

17. TonyTheMad

TonyTheMad Peasant

Market Rating:
    i'm trying to make things better rules, not worse
    shutup

18. TonyTheMad

TonyTheMad Peasant

Market Rating:
    damn thats annoying
    I can't sit here and push refresh and expect someone to have replied already like our forums do =P
    hehe damn habits
    our forums ARE a bit more active than yours, you have to give us that much credit hehehe

19. Rules

Rules Peasant

Market Rating:
    No kidding..

20. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Rules, shut up. Stop throwing up on your keyboard and hitting return. That's gotta be the worst excuse I've ever heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Hitometer: 54,606,379 since 1995