Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

AppleCare

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by filburt1, Aug 1, 2002.

1. filburt1

filburt1 Peasant

Market Rating:
    They never flat out say it, so does AppleCare actually mean free repairs and replacement parts for things that break with an iBook?

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    yep, with the exception of user inflicted damages and dead pixels on the screen (there must be a minimum number of dead pixels before they consider it bad, the same with all manufacturers)

if you need the iBook fixed you call apple and set up a dispatch and case number, they send you a box with preprinted shipping labels, put the iBook in the box, ship it out, receive it back within a week usually.

3. filburt1

filburt1 Peasant

Market Rating:
    Cool beans, will try to convince my dad to let me buy the iBook tonight. :cool:

4. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    You can also take it to a local Mac shop that is Apple certified and they can repair it under warranty for you. Free of charge of course.

The nice thing about Applecare is that they will sometimes on rare occasion send you a better computer if by then they don't have that model anymore. At least so I read now and then on Mac forums. Stuff like having a 667 Powerbook w/ Radeon and getting the newer 667 w/ Radeon 7500 to replace it.

:banana:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2002
  5. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    ...where they will ship it out for you ;)

iBooks are always facilitation. sometimes if they keyboard breaks they will send you that part, but usually service centers can't order any parts for iBooks.

you might as well handle it yourself, saves time.

6. AJ

AJ Peasant

Market Rating:
    or just give it to your local Apple Store, and forget about it for a week. ;)

7. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Grrr. No Apple stores within 500 miles of me. :mad:

8. Strader

Strader Peasant

Market Rating:
    When my CD-RW died on me a few months back I just dropped off my system at the local Apple cerified place and they replaced it right there. Gave it to me the next day. (They maintain a LOT of Macs for businesses in the area. Doctors offices, etc...) Course CD-RWs are easy to replace.

Hitometer: 54,651,905 since 1995