Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

800$ suits

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DunAzrael, Jul 31, 2007.

1. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    My buddy got back from Los Angeles where he stayed with his sister is in the adult film industry. She bought him two 800$ dollar Italian suits. I got to pimp one of them when we went to Austin this past weekend to a burlesque show. Here's the only picture that I can show you. I'm on the right

[​IMG]

2. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Good suits are certainly key to impressing people :)

3. Baseera

Baseera MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    LOL, the only photo you can show? heh heh heh. I have a few of those. ;)

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    That annoys me.

I remember one time I went to my local Acura dealer looking for a new car. The first time I visited the lot I was wearing sweat shorts and a t-shirt. They treated me like shit and didn't take me seriously. I was offended and left. I had cash to buy one of their most expensive cars outright.

The second time I visited the lot I was wearing slacks and a dress shirt from a job interview. They treated me way different. But this time I was offended by their hypocrisy so I got offended and left.

Now I dress lazy on purpose to filter out those who would judge me based on such superficial things as my clothes.

5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Depends on what you are doing. For example, I would never wear shorts and a T-shirt to a job interview, nor would I hire anyone who came to me dressed that way.

Now the car dealership surprises me. One of the first things they teach you in sales is not to "judge a book by its cover." Money is money, they cost themselves by ignoring you based on your appearance. I don't blame you for taking your business elsewhere.

6. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I had the same experience at the Jaguar dealership, although I don't actually have the money to buy a Jaguar, it was just attached to the dealership service department I had to go to for my car and I was bored.

I wouldn't think an Acura dealer would be so snooty. They're cars aren't THAT expensive. I was treated pretty fairly at the one where I live wearing just jeans and a t-shirt.

7. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    Now all you guys need are $200 sunglasses and $300 shoes.

8. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    My friend did that at a motorcycle dealership. He asked for the manager, showed the cash, and told him he was going somewhere else because of the way he had been treated.

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I try not to be that spiteful. That is too much like when people in WoW get in a last word like, "**** you faggot," and then /ignore you so that when you reply back you get an ignore message. It serves no purpose other than to grief your opponent. It's different if you are being constructive about your criticism, but most people aren't trying to be.

In my case I just left the dealership without a word.

10. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    The salesmen are there to sell cars. The manager is there to make sure they do it. The salesman in question is not selling cars effectively, losing money for his employer.

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    The customer is there to buy cars. Your friend had no intention of buying at that point. :p

12. SpocKirk

Market Rating:
    he had the intention of buying up until the salesman was rude. :p :p

He had only good intentions when he notified the manager of the salesman's utter lack of desire to sell a motorcycle :nod:

Hitometer: 54,723,664 since 1995