Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Zon Stuff(ohm)

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by DunAzrael, Sep 21, 2001.

1. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    What is the best 1.09 setup for a javazon?
    I went ahead and came into possession of String of ears, Valk wing, 200% titans, and crowcaw. any other suggestions on boots or gaunts? and......

Does anyone have an ohm rune for my 200% titans? I would gladly trade some execeptional uniques for it.(venom grip, waterwalk...er cetera)

What are the best skills to max out besides lightning fury?

2. olon97

olon97 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm fairly certain you can't socket a javelin (easy test - try putting it into the socket spot on the quest, he'll probably say he can't do that).

As far as gear goes - keep an eye out for mana per kill modifiers (valk wing varies from 2-4 mana per kill, hope yours is 4). A 5 mana per kill lidless wall would also be worth aquiring. Plenty of mana leach is also an excellent idea.

As far as skills go, a high pierce is definitely critical, even if you use razortail - I would say it's worth maxing in the long run, but slow down near the diminishing returns point(s) to get other skills where you want them first. Critical strike isn't quite as useful for a javazon, but I'd still pump it to at least the first diminishing returns boundary. Evade and avoid will save your life from enemy ranged attacks (evade lock got fixed btw) and dodge will allow you to position closer to the monsters to launch your attacks.

Plague javelin doesn't increase poison duration with skills, so I'd leave it at a low level and just use it occasionally to prevent monster heal (if you're not killing super quick with lightning fury anyway). A better alternative for lightning immunes that I've seen used is to [heresy]use a bow/crossbow [/heresy] in your second weapon swap with good elemental damage and a pumped up (only reason for extra points is to reduce the mana cost IMO) guided arrow. With your high lvl pierce (you did max pierce right) a single guided arrow will hit a single immune multiple times, and the mana cost will be negligible. Koku Shakaku (tons of fire dmg and extra pierce) is a cheap and very effective choice for an elemental bow, but a socketed bow with good elemental jewels is also an option (on the high end, a unique ballista doesn't suck either). Alternately, just forget about stone skin lightning immunes and move on. :p

Guants - go for at least 20 IAS, maybe even sigons gloves+boots for the 30 IAS and the 10% life leach. Laying of hands would be fun (you'll see LOTS of holy bolts flying around) but not essential since you're not overly dependent on your physical damage. Otherwise I'd say go for resists, mana leach, dex and strength in the rest of your gear (you do know javelin dmg gets it's bonus 1/2 from dex and 1/2 from str right?).

P.S. I've never made a javazon so I'm talking out of my ass (as usual). :retard:

3. DunAzrael

DunAzrael Peasant

Market Rating:
    when do you not talk out of your ass olon? :P

Hitometer: 53,851,185 since 1995