Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Your MC Coop this Saturday.

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Lyanna, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Lyanna

Lyanna MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Jaden,
    Could you please give me an idea if you guys have discuss how loot will be distributed? What kind of system? Etc.

Thanks

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Sleet and I were talking about it yesterday. It's the same debate that we had... either a point system or a random need + courtesy. I don't think a final decision has been reached yet.

3. Lyanna

Lyanna MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    I think I hate this part of the game the most. :\
    Trying to come up with a system that is fair and that will please everyone.

Guess you cant make everyone happy...best you can do is try to please the majority.

The thing with courtesy...is that well....it is all very subjective and quite frankly when a purple drops...courtesy usually goes out the window. People forget all this when they start to salivate at the glowing purple loot.

Jakeman likes this.
  4. Stephine

Stephine Peasant

Market Rating:
    how does the point loot work?

5. Lyanna

Lyanna MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    There are various versions of the point system. One that is widely use is the Dragon Point system. Most guilds use this but tweaks the system to their liking. Bottom line is you get points for attending the raids and you use the points to bid on the loots.

It is coming down with the right version that is "fair" to everyone that is the hard part. You want to keep the veterans coming back but you also want to give the new guys who are just starting a fair chance at the loot also or else two things can occur.
    1) the veterans will think heck, I am on my 20th run and I lose out to this guy who is on his first run here. Why should I come back?

2) The new guy will say, why should I bother starting if all the veterans are way ahead of me already in the points accumulation.

So the thing is to find a middle ground for both. "Fair" is all subjective. This is what breaks up most guild...loots. I guess that is the reality of life....or WoW. lol

Good luck tomorrow!!

Jakeman likes this.
  6. sleet

sleet MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    Lyanna's points are pretty much what Jaden and I spent some time discussing last night. I also talked to one of the other guildleaders about it, and our conclusion was to go with an informal courtesy system and see how it pans out (I need to confirm this with one other guild at this point).

If people start getting upset, then we will convert to something more formal, but having a formal system implies that we have a fixed set of people who attend the raids, and we don't pick up outsiders.

This being our first co-op, it's hard to say how many more there will be exactly, a lot of it likely being dependent on how successful we are this first time.

Jakeman likes this.
  7. Strexon

Strexon Peasant

Market Rating:

Attached Files:

Jakeman likes this.
  8. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    The bosses all drop at least 2 purples so I think that the leaders of each guild should decide what class or classes the item is best fit for. Then have those of that class roll on it. Random purple drops are usually class specific so there's no argument there but boss drops aren't usually class specific. When I was doing these runs, they were using a /random 500 to decide on blue items and a DP system for purples. Their system was something as follows: +10 DP for killing a boss and -50 or -100 for getting a purple drop. So if you were in a raid where 3 bosses were killed, you get to do /random 130 whereas a person that haven't been with the raid at all would only do /random 100. If you got a purple drop then on the next raid (only allowed 1 purple each raid) you can only do /random 90 or /random 40 since you been there for 4 boss kills. This seems pretty fair and of course only the class that the raid leaders decides the item should go to could roll and no exceptions.

Hitometer: 53,596,660 since 1995