Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

yay for legendary debate

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
  2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
  3. BaleFire

BaleFire MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    So if my skimming of that is correct, the original issue was dealt with early on, (they said the were planning on changing the text). After that, it was about the meaning of due process and whatnot, and winning the argument became what was important, not solving the problem.

So you're right, they're wrong, and they won't admit it.

If you do not like the person you are debating, go ahead, knock them down a peg. Arm your logic missiles and fire at will.

And I'm sure you've heard this before, but...

If it's someone you like and, in this case, raid with, that you are debating, why strain your relationship with them to prove that you are right? Or even if you are not out to prove that you are right, but rather to find the correct answer through logical discourse, you still are straining your relationship for something relatively insignificant.

Is winning a debate worth the risk of losing a gaming buddy? Or is someone not worth being gaming buddies with if they can't stand up to heated debate without hard feelings?

Of course, if you were confident that Laila is the sort of person that keeps debating and personal relationships completely seperated, then my post is largely irrelevant. It's just that most people aren't able to keep the two as seperate as you do.

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Why hold back? I don't want to be friends with some one who attacks me without reason, nor do I want to be in a raid environment with such pent up hostilities. I jeopardize nothing of value with my arguments.

It's his problem that he can't admit to being wrong, and I have no sympathy for people like this when they cross me.

Hitometer: 53,566,845 since 1995