Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Xupiter? wtf?

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Jedsia, May 29, 2003.

1. Jedsia

Jedsia Peasant

Market Rating:
    We made a mistake. I didn't know exactly the extent of what Kazaa was, but at least we did what we felt was right.

We took it off our computer. so even though we made a mistake, we corrected that mistake.

Besides, I don't believe I was judging others. I stated I thought stealing is wrong and that is essentially what Kazaa is. I'm not telling everyone here to un-install it. We looked at the program, decided we didn't like the implications of using it and took it off our puter. That was a personal decision for us. That it should be banned is based on the fact that Napster was shut down for essentially the same practices.

2. cowofwar

cowofwar Peasant

Market Rating:
    Like I care, if it's good I'll buy it. If it's shit I will not buy it, kazaa et al just make it easier for me to be more discerning with my money.

3. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I don't believe, I don't think, it's wrong, it's right. omfg

4. kraahl

kraahl Peasant

Market Rating:
    In many cases downloading music will make people buy more cds, they´ll discover music they never would´ve listen to otherwise.

5. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    of course, that's to say that Napster was actually at fault. i think we have differing opinions on intellectual property rights.

6. Draco_Auric

Draco_Auric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Not beaing on a central server makes a huge difference though, because it means the operators have no control over what passes over the system. So shutting it down(in addition to being virtually impossible) would set a really bad precedent. Why not try and shut down email? you can exchange pirated files over that too, abeit(sp?) on a smaller scale

screw the "industry", just a bunch of greedy leeches pushing unoriginal crap and telling people what they should be listing too(for the most part). Most people are willing to pay a fair price for decent content. Look at the itunes music store(3 million tracks sold in a month? to only apple users!) Also you no longer need the "industry" to produce good content anymore; for a few grand you can produce a CD in your own house; movies? there are a lot of decent fan films out there(seen duality?)

(after saying all that I probably should note that I agree with you that Kazaa is pretty mush solely devoted to getting warez)

7. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Actually, making a copy of a movie you own isn't illegal, you just can distribute it and/or sell it and/or charge admission to for people to see it etc.

Hitometer: 53,554,431 since 1995