Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

WW Barb

Discussion in 'Diablo 2' started by Czigra, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    i need some advice on a whirlwind barb stats. If that is possible. i am starting a barb and want to be ww and need help with all of this if it truely is possible from an expert on ww. I have created a ww barb now at 77 and one at 52 but they both got ****ed over doing a couple quests even with shields. I have swordguard for my 52 and a nice 252 def shield that he been using since 22. He was using griswald but now trang-oul armor. I was saving trangs for necro but he kind of got ****ed too in building him. i need to know the best item without charms and i was making him a mf ww barb for lower level characters.

2. LordMercer

LordMercer Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm new

I'd help you, but I am useless right now when it comes to D2. I've only been playing just over a week now. I need a lot of advice and guidance myself.

3. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    need help let me know and ill get back with you. I been getting characters on single player to experiement. Then going and using those tactics at bnet.

4. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    As you most likely know by now, the WW got reeled in over the last few patches from the uber skill that it used to be. Now it is the case that Weapon Speed effects the number of hits you can get over a certain amount of time per WW. You will want to go with the fastest weapon you can that still has good damage. Also, you will want to forego the best heavy armor you can get for more of the type that gives you resists to elements or damage, since your AC is reduced to 0 while WWing. You will also want to put most of your points into Vit and Magic since WW sucks up Mana like nobodies business. Anyone else care to chime in? (Oh and personally I think that WW barbs are a bit passe...)

5. Czigra

Czigra Peasant

Market Rating:
    i also have a few rings and other leeches i can put on my next character. But i gonna create a zon also and if anyone wants they can chime in on hybrid zon. i love my dads titans and said he would give me set. His clan got him them. now back to the barb. I aint that good at barbs but i know one thing to do USE A SHIELD at ALL COSTS

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    defense is reduced to 0 while WWing??? I didn't know they made that change.

*gets on my max block soap box*

put points into dex until you have max blocking percentage (75%).

for items i recommend the outfit for my concentrate barb template I developed in the beta patch, but it's very expensive - http://www.mscclan.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9061

7. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Hasn't it always done that? Oh and Jake, doesn't the Dex not affect sheilds anymore... I know it used to, but they threw it all out of whack.

8. BIG T

BIG T Peasant

Market Rating:
    check out my thread 'where to next' for WW barb

9. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    dex is the same. more dex = higher % blocking

10. Wulf

Market Rating:
    Ah well, I haven't played in... almost a year and a half.

Hitometer: 53,555,187 since 1995