Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

wow

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JollyRedGiant, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    20 min wait to log in :yipee:

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Not the low population servers. But low population is not desirable. Try going to the AH on a low pop server... there is no market.

3. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    i accidentally lost my spot...now i have to start all over

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    owned :p

5. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    thanks for the support buddy

6. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I guess I wasnt' funny.

I would support you on this, but I don't play the "angry customer" very well. I prefer to be positive.

7. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    im just giving you a hard time. im just frustrated b/c hyjal has turned into the sterotypical server. you were saying earlier this week about not having queres, but now we have them. im just no liking this downward spiral.

8. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Hint: Do not log out. Leave your char on AFK and leave the computer on even if you're not playing. Just sit there and piss everyone off because you refuse to lose your spot even when there's no computer within 100 feet of you. ;)

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Yeah, that sudden change would seem to indicate that they decreased the maximum capacity. If so, then it's probably a temporary fix until they can handle the larger capacity.

I imagine Blizzard will eventually allow characters to switch servers which should allow the players to fix the population problems on their own.

10. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    OMG I GOT ON!!!!!!!

11. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    i do that sometimes, but then i get disconnected from server.

12. JollyRedGiant

Market Rating:
    nice, im about 25 or so away

13. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    Okay this sucks. When you have very limited time to play having to wait 30 min just to start is getting on my nerves real quick. I hate queues. I didnt used to be crappy but my angry customer is finally starting to come through. $15 a month times a zillion customers should = servers from heaven.

14. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm trying to get on now. I started out 550 or so in the queue. Been 20 minutes, now I'm 110.

15. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    From Bliz rep.

During the server maintenance last Thursday, we performed a major upgrade to some of our database servers. At first the new servers performed flawlessly, but under heavy load at peak times, the new database servers are experiencing performance issues which have resulted in stability problems on certain realms, minor rollbacks and a problem with character retrieval upon login that some of you have reported.

Naturally we do not consider this an acceptable state of play for our customers. We are working around the clock to diagnose and remedy these problems. As a temporary solution, we have placed lower population restrictions on the affected realms; this results in queues when the population reaches a certain number. This is a short-term solution and, while undesirable, is in place to keep the realms more stable while we work on the main cause of the issues.

During the regular maintenance window that is scheduled for tomorrow, we will be making some additional changes that should allow us to increase the population restrictions on the affected realms. Our team is committed to resolving these issues as quickly and efficiently as they can. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience and understanding.
    [ post edited by Caydiem ]

Jakeman likes this.
  16. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Was I right or was I right? :yeah:

17. Unshra

Unshra Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I hate to say it but Blizzard could learn a thing or two from SOE. They should adopt the same method of handling server overload that Sony uses. Create a new server and only give users of the over-populated servers the option to move their toons to the new server, after the move is complete open the server up for all to join. This has worked time and time again whenever SOE had an issue with some of their servers going over or near their population limit.

18. Calendryll

Market Rating:
    Makes perfect sense to me. I dont know why they havent done this all along. The first to go should be FoH, when battlegrounds come out they are going to wipe out everyone. lol. Seriously though, maybe someone should suggest this. One new server could possibly take the extra load off all the ones having such problems. However, I noticed that even with the introduced queue there are still some heavy lag times which is ridiculous.

19. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Well I was on last night but I guess everyone was waiting in Ques or something since nobody came on for the half hour I was poking around.

20. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I was on for an hour or so last night - Helped a couple of Pally friends do Stalvan and farmed a bunch of leather. Now the servers are down. :mad: I have the day off, and was going to try and make a level or two.

Hitometer: 53,952,489 since 1995