Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

WoW 6.0

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lurk, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I know Jake is digging into other MMOs. I'm just curious as to the thoughts here around Warlords of Draenor (now available for pre-order if you have Mists of Pandaria).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/warlords-of-draenor/

"Pandaland" turned out to be a pretty decent expansion, all things considered. Most thought it better than Cataclysm. The most recent subscription numbers even showed a modest bump after several consecutive quarters of decline.

Key features for WoD so far:
    - Level cap 100 (10 additional levels as opposed to 5, for the first time since WotLK)
    - Garrisons
    - Stats squish (finally)
    - Paid boosts to level 90 ($60 US, one boost included with purchase)
    - Updated character models for original races (finally)
    - Get to see Draenor as it was before it became Outland. Neat if you're a lore junkie.

The paid character boosts are bound to be the most controversial addition. I doubt I would ever pay $60, but I will probably take advantage of the "free" one.

2. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I think I have at least 3 level 90 characters, possibly 5 (it's been awhile since I've played). If I do decide to jump back in (unlikely given how little I have to play anymore), I'd be OK.

I didn't have that much of a problem with changing away from the traditional skill trees and found bucking the trend in favor of utility skills I enjoyed having (instead of forced into by raid leaders) much easier in Pandaria. For instance, on my shaman I loved using Ancestral guidance in my enhancement spec even though everyone says it was sub-optimal. I tank healed using that, maelstrom weapon, ancestral swiftness and my spirit wolves plenty of times when some healers went down all while DPSing (I do miss playing my enhancement shammy -- in my opinion enhancement specced shamans were the ultimate hybrid class: a melee/ranged dps character with raid/single target healing utility, and decent damage mitigation and interrupts -- oh and being able to shift into travel form at will for greater movement).

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014

Hitometer: 53,597,428 since 1995