Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

WoW 5.0

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Mists of Pandaria

Here is an interesting tidbit from mmo-champion:

They finally implemented my suggestion after 8 years:

http://www.mscclan.com/factions/

Maybe it's only for pandas. I don't know.

2. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Sounds like d3 shit.

3. Jakeman

Market Rating:

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Are you people ignorant or stupid?

I will refer to a post of mine from several years ago regarding D2:

http://www.mscclan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9061#post109199

The talent system is not broken. The game is broken. If you want diversity then look to the gameplay, not the talent system. The game defines the mode. The talent system supports. Your error is that you are trying to define with the talent system.

5. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    No. What you have done is make talent trees irrelevant. You saw that players choose cookies over vegetables when given a choice. So now you are forcing cookies on everyone through auto-skilling and making the talents nothing but vegetables. The end result is that everyone will still be full of cookies just like before.

Though I suspect you will end up adding some sweetener to the vegetables so they aren't completely meaningless. That again will result in homogenization of builds as players choose the sweetest vegetables.

You need to make a game for vegetarians if you want players to eat vegetables.

6. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    What did they really expect when they decided to compress the talent trees and halve the amount of talent points we had to distribute amongst the talents?

I have no problem with relatively cookie cutter builds in a game with such clearly defined roles. I actually thought Blizzard has done a fairly decent job of balancing out the three talent trees of the pure dps classes -- mage, warlock, hunter, rogue so that all three talent trees bring enough utility and fire power necessary to be raid viable.

Yes, there are still elitist raiding guilds out there, which I'm sure will force you into a particular spec and into a particular role in order to push through heroic raid content, but for the majority of Cata content, if you know your class and your spec it doesn't matter if you're an arcane, frost, or fire mage; or if you're a destruction, or demonology, or affliction warlock etc.

Other than that, you've got your pve builds and your pvp builds. And there's really no reason to attempt people into widely disparate talent builds.

One thing on hybrid builds for those characters who will not ever raid. It is a bit of a sad thing to see these fall by the wayside with the compressed talent trees and the forcing of you to spec 31 points into a single tree in order to a) gain all three talent specializations and b) spec into a secondary tier, but that was by design.

I'm not sure I'm going to be playing into the Kung Fu Panda expansion or not. I've been in the same raiding guild since Burning Crusades and the core players I've played with have all been together since then. We have fun raiding the content and have all gotten to know each other very well. So if I do, it'll be because we've all decided to stick together. Otherwise, I think I'll finally put this game down and move on for good.

7. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Kung fu panda expansion basically just adds the Diablo 3 skill system and monks to wow. How exciting. Way to keep it fresh there Blizzard.

8. Wiezzen

Wiezzen Peasant

Market Rating:
    This is just painful. I was thinking about coming back to WoW with my roomate but this just looks like an empty shell of what the game used to be for me.

9. Jakeman

Market Rating:

Hitometer: 53,587,074 since 1995