Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

wotlk is pretty amazing

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    It is much better than BC. The level of immersion. The quests. The lore. The graphics. The music. The new game technology (like the phasing system). The number and size of the zones. I am extremely impressed so far.

2. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I just bought it and cant wait to get it on.

3. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I haven't had a chance to get the expansion yet, but will be picking it up over the weekend...of course, my hunter is only level 36 on Hyjal, so I won't see the new content for awhile.

4. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    You make me want to try WoW again.

{must resist temptation}

5. JollyRedGiant

JollyRedGiant MSC Commander

Market Rating:
    PLAY!!! It's hard to think about how much better WotLK is than BC. Much more detail was put into it, even in the first city in Northrend.

6. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    The first zone is somewhat bland compared to the later ones. For example, in Dragonblight you do this chain that leads to the battle at the wrath gate. There is a cut scene that shows the whole battle. Once the cut scene is complete the entire landscape in front of the wrath gate is changed using the phasing system so you can see the aftermath.

In Icecrown I did a few quests involving Arthas, where the phasing system puts me into the past to relive some events in the lore, like his battle with Illidan and the event from the trailer where he resurrects that huge dragon from the ice.

There was also this epic quest chain in Storm Peaks where I got to fight this massive constructed dwarf. Once again the phasing system was used to change the landscape during the event.

The phasing system is really cool. They use it to relive past events, temporarily change stuff for current events, and they also use it to permanently change areas for you based on your progression in the zone. For example, there have been several quests where I go fight some battle to make way for a faction to move in... then the next time I go to that area they have setup a permanent base camp with flight paths and everything.

7. ColdHeat

ColdHeat MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    yea i LOVE the phasing, Like with the DK you kill X amount of these guys then your fraction move up and make a friendly camp there! Its sweet!

The vechiles a great! Everything ahh so worth playing again.

8. Wiezzen

Wiezzen Peasant

Market Rating:
    Don't forget, there are two starting zones to choose from. You started in Borean Tundra, I started there as well. From what I saw, you moved onto Dragonblight after Borean Tundra. I decided to head to Howling Fjord (The other starting zone) after I was done in Borean Tundra. I agree that Borean Tundra was kind of bland, but I loved Howling Fjord - It had a variety of great quests, the land scaping was well done, and I loved the background music.

9. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Ugh, all this talk about WotLK is making me want to come back....

I wish I was rich and had an infinite amount of free time so I could play LOTRO and WoW.

10. Wiezzen

Wiezzen Peasant

Market Rating:
    Give in...

Hitometer: 53,811,429 since 1995