Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Worst raid yet

Discussion in 'Character Building' started by Scorpion, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    I was asked to join a UBRS raid from this one druid, Awarman. It is probably one of the worst raid put together. Some of the people don't even know what they were doing, he(Awarman) probably doesn't know what he's doing, and it was pure chaos. I don't know how we managed to complete the raid but it was horrible and probably one of the worst UBRS raid I've been in. We recruited a mage that don't even use any spells except for nova and polymorph and even worst, she'd nova after she polymorph (probably bought the account off of someone or had some leveling service done since she'd attack with the staff instead of casting any actual spells). When we got to the area where the General is, Awarman would tell everyone to "assist the MT" while the MT was tanking a dragon captain that only solo and doesn't have any special abilities while the dragon mage is killing everyone. MT is suppose to tank the captain but everyone else is suppose to kill the dragon mage, then help the MT then deal with the sheeped mobs but this guy was saying to help the MT and let the weaker but more dangerous mage hang around. After we cleared the room and ready to take on the General, he would say that the MA tank the left guard, someone else tank the right guard and everyone help the MT kill the General first. I've never heard of any raid where you kill the boss first and leave his guards around. It wasn't until someone corrected him that he'd instructed everyone to do otherwise and people were split between the two guards and we were killing them slower than we should have. Most UBRS raids that I've been in, only 1-2 people died at the General but on that run we had 5-6 death. All in all, it was one of the worst raid I've had.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Bad groups happen. That mage reminds me of a mage I grouped with in a Maraudon run. He used polymorph as an offensive spell. It took forever to kill groups because he kept healing them with polymorph.

The best thing you can do is to politely inform them of what they are doing wrong. But I admit, I have been in situations like that where I wasn't so polite and got a little hostile about it.

3. ckmonster

ckmonster Peasant

Market Rating:
    Lol

man when i get to 60 u guys are gonna have to show me how to do UBRS so i can help out!

4. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    It's not hard.

Experience is the best teacher. As a rogue you might be called on to "sap pull" for the raid. The rest is pretty standard except that there are 15 people in the group.

5. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Group make-up differs a little between 5-manners and 15-man raids. Usually, in a 5-man, you will need 1 warrior, 1 priest, 1 mage, and the other 2 can be anything left over. 15-man raids generally only need 1 or 2 tanks total, and you can get away with 2 priests if you have CTRA, and groups tend to be harder so you generally need 2 mages (3 is hard to control) and a rogue. That leaves a much higher percentage of the group free for anyone who wants to come- Hunters really shine in UBRS, as long as they stay back and keep the DPS up from their ranged attacks.

As a rogue, you will be responsible for the initial sapping of major targets and a large portion of the DPS. Just make sure not to take agro away from the warrior.

Jakeman likes this.
  6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Bump

Get two of these and make the warrior's job 100x harder :p

7. ckmonster

ckmonster Peasant

Market Rating:
    Wow

Those felstrikers are really nice i like lol. Sapping is hards as far as i can tell jaden.

8. Eluna

Eluna MSC Friend

Market Rating:
    I did a group with Awarman....lets just say that UBRS run on a scale of 1 to 10...it ranked about a negative 2. Need I say more?

Hitometer: 53,932,964 since 1995