Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

word on the street is that i am ebayed

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Sure, by that definition. Some of the things I have were bought with gold.

I like to think that I earn my gold, and that I therefore earn that which I buy with it. This is a difference of opinion.

2. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    I read the thread on Apoc's boards. You come off as snobbish and "above" them. The goal is not to frustrate them by refusing to sink to their level; the goal is to placate them. You could have said "No, I don't buy gold" and left it at that, and admitted to making sarcastic remarks in the BG's. Nobody's gonna care if you hate on Apoc; there's probably lots of people that agree with you.

3. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Ah but gold can be bought with real money via the gold selling sites. Even though I know you don't buy the gold with real money, it's hard to convince other people that all your gold was earned and not bought.

4. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    QFT, amen brotha'.

Even people in the big guilds buy gold once they decide they want to pimp an alt and not waste time. I know at least one from Evolve that did. Knowing how long you've been playing, and given that you only have one character, it should be obvious that your gold was earned. Character profitability goes up exponentially with time, as you get new recipes and become known as a crafter.

5. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    I don't know anyone that's bought gold.

6. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    when you realize you can pay $40 for something that would take you weeks, if not months, to earn legitimately, it can be a sore temptation. I think that by the time you're spending extra money just for a bigger epeen you've gotten too invested in it, regardless of how much extra time you'd need to play otherwise.

7. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    SS had a pickup recruiting to pad their BWL raid tonight. He contacted me because they only had 1 mage, so I decided to go along. I sent a tell to the raid leader and got no reply. My recruiter spoke of a problem. It was then I found out it was SS.

If Apoc is consistent, he should be feeling pleasure right now for being able to deny me of something. I have seen him brag in general chat about exercising his power to ban people from numerous raid guilds.

Hitometer: 53,557,540 since 1995