Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

word on the street is that i am ebayed

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    ...because I have bottomless and stuff.

A friend says he heard this in Shadow Sanctuary guild chat. It seems like that guild hates me, probably because Apoc hates me and they respect him. I continually come across examples of blind and unsupported hate from their members - even when asked directly.

I guess I should be flattered that my achievements warrant such accusations. I am tempted to write a biography of my character that explains how he got everything, but I am concerned that such a writeup would appear selfimportant (opinions?). My status makes me the target of both praise and ridicule, love and hate - I would like to address the negatives somehow.

2. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Didn't you do that once before?

Why does Apoc hate you by the way? What'd you ever do to him?

Oh, and you don't owe SS or anyone else a damn thing.

3. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Sometimes you just can't reason with people. Its times like that where a good smack to the back of the head and a "Thats really stupid!" come in handy.

4. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Only my bottomless bag FAQ. I am thinking about writing more of a "Jaden FAQ." It might even serve as a good guide for aspiring nonraiders.

I talked to him about leaving a winning WSG game. He brought the horde flag to our FR only to find 5 horde waiting to kill him. He left right after he died, but not before making some cutting and blaming remarks to everyone in the game.

So I talked to him about it and he blew up. In the next game I joined, I had SS members attacking me in general chat, calling me a "low rank know-it-all" and stuff. Apparently Apoc had talked some crap to his guildies, so I started talking to those people about their misconceptions and they got mad at me.

People don't like confronting their unsupported hostilities. If they are not people who can admit to being wrong, then they will lash out at you.

5. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    No, You are wrong. And an ebayer.

;)

6. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    4 reals?!?

J!
    I was liking the fact your a eBay damn there goes my hopes and dreams of some day being an white Asian farmer named J jr :(.......SS is lame a bunch of little kids who’s parents bought them everything in life but Bottomless bags!

7. MisterHalleck

MisterHalleck Peasant

Market Rating:
    Haha, but how would they know you were geared in bottomless? You can't see bags on inspecting...

A Jaden FAQ would be much appreciated, or you could just link them to these forums...

8. Calendryll

Calendryll MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    How do we know that you are really who you say you are? :suspect:

9. Fujin

Fujin MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    J did you get with Apoc's MoM? Is this whats really going on?!?! DAMN man leave the young kids mothers alone!

10. Ellusion

Ellusion MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Nice J, you got a raiding guild to be jealous of your epeen. /bow =P

11. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    Levi says I am on their blacklist. Pretty hardcore.

Does that mean Grimbones wasn't supposed to buy enchants from me for his GM weapons? I gave him a deal too since I played with him a lot. Whatever, Grim is cool.

12. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    Oh noez! Not SS's black list! Delete your account to save yourself the ignominy! :rolleyes:

Losers.

(Actually it's probably just Apoc. You're right about Grim, he cracks me up.)

13. Haite

Haite Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    Apoc and SS as a whole aren't well respected by a lot of people in the large / raid guild "scene"

14. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I tried to smooth things over. It didn't work. I have been IP banned on their forum, so I have rehosted the thread in both its original and edited form (courtesy of Apoc):

http://www.mscclan.com/ss/

The edit to my last post was made just before he banned me such that I could not reply.

15. Wulf

Wulf MSC Knight and Donator

Market Rating:
    Wow. What is he, three years old? One thing I do have to give the your opponents though is that yes, you do come off as condescending and aloof in your arguments. It might be better to talk to them the same as you talk to us, and not like Socrates talked to those he was trying to educate. (and yes thats exactly how I imagined you in every post :p, due to the style) While I agree what that guy did was childish and immature, I would have approached them differently, with more of a "Hey guys, what's going on? I hear I'm disliked over here, and I'm just wondering what's up with that." Something more down to earth and at their level.

16. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    True enough.

17. Jakeman

Market Rating:
    I once sent gold to a person who thought I ninjad a corruptor stone. That was enough to convince him of my intentions. I just offered the same to Apoc but he turned me down.

I have tried everything. I will leave him alone in his grief.

18. Autolycus

Autolycus Forum Moderator

Market Rating:
    once he made the post about single-handedly winning battlegrounds he pretty much declared his retardation to the public.

19. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    QFT

20. Scorpion

Scorpion Peasant

Market Rating:
    Jaden. You do realise that people refer to the Auction House as E-bay. My friends keeps referring to people as E-bay'er when they see that the majority of their items are BoE.

Unless they specifically say that you E-bay'ed your char otherwise you are E-bay'ed because you did get all your recipes from the AH or from other people. What this translates to is that you didn't earn what you got through raiding but just use gold to obtain it. So yeah, I would say that you're E-bay'ed also.

Hitometer: 53,854,033 since 1995