Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Windows 10

Discussion in 'PC Forum' started by OsIriS, Jun 2, 2015.

1. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    I'm sure those of you running Windows 7 (or god forbid stuck using Windows 8.1) and have seen the Adware to "pre-order" Windows 10 pop up today. What is everyone's thoughts here? Is Windows 10 going to bring an enhanced user experience and tools to Windows 7 users that Windows 8 failed to do? Is it worth it (I know it's a free upgrade, but it being free doesn't make it worth it)?

I haven't followed Windows 10 development at all and I trust you guy's research over my own.

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    Honestly I haven't looked into it that much. I am content with Windows 7.

Microsoft's attempt to bring mobile UI elements to a desktop operating system is complete fail. Clearly no thought was given to functionality or user experience. It's change for change's sake, and for the sake of being trendy.

3. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    After seeing some demonstrations of Windows 10, it looks like a bizarre mashup of 7 and 8 that doesn't really eliminate the problems of the OS for non-touchscreen desktops. I think I'll stick with 7 for as long as I can.

4. SpocKirk

SpocKirk Forum Moderator and Donator

Market Rating:
    I'm using the preview at the moment; just installed it earlier today. It is indeed a mashup of 7 and 8, but I don't really see the touchscreen elements. I haven't downloaded any apps from the store yet, so all that's different so far are graphical and Control Panel name changes.

Hitometer: 53,586,580 since 1995