Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

Win iPod problem

Discussion in 'Help Forum' started by Kaeric, Feb 1, 2003.

1. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    ok, a friend of mine bought a 10 Gig windows iPod, brought it home, uploaded like 2 Gigs of music.....but the music wont play. He said he is using Jukebox (which i think is suggested) but the files wont play on his iPod. Is there some type of anti-pirating coding (it IS m$ :paranoia:) that is preventing these uploaded files from playing?

2. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    did he follow the directions for uploading music? maybe he is using it as a hard drive when he needs to install a jukebox plugin to upload mp3s to the music side.

3. harleyb

harleyb Peasant

Market Rating:
    jake is right. he's not uploading the songs right. install the software that came with the iPod and follow the directions correctly.

4. Kaeric

Kaeric Peasant

Market Rating:
    Thanks guys, I'll let him know.

5. Mentosman24

Mentosman24 Peasant

Market Rating:
    I have the 5 gig windows version

I have about 2 gigs of MP3's that I 'recieved' from various sources and they work fine on mine. No anti-pirating software to my knowledge.

• Install the software that came with the iPod, and make sure he enters the serial number, otherwise the section having to do with portable devices won't be activated.
    • Add all the songs to the main playlist.
    • In the portable devices box, select the iPod specifically. Click the sync button at the bottom, it'll sync the iPod with everything in the main playlist.
    • Enjoy :D

Hitometer: 53,936,077 since 1995