Portal   Forum   Members   Market   Gallery   Events

why do you play wow?

Discussion in 'MSC Clan' started by Jakeman, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Jakeman

Jakeman MSC Founder and Donator

Market Rating:
    I would question the motivations of many players. I see discontent everywhere in this game... people stressing out over loot, guild drama, player hostilities, burn outs, rerolls, griefing, guild hopping, etc. Games are supposed to be fun, so we have a problem here.

I achieve my fun mostly through solo accomplishments and social interaction in the game; I can take personal pride in things I earn myself, and many people know and respect me as a player. What about you?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2007
  2. dcwilson26

dcwilson26 MSC Knight

Market Rating:
    Although many aspects of the game annoy the hell out of me (especially being a protection warrior) its those few really exciting moments that keep me coming back; those 5-mans where we blow through an instance, or those times when I am facing 6 guys at once and survive. Its like golf... you suck 90% of the time but its those few amazing drives, perfect chips-ins, or mile long puts that keep you coming back for more punishment. Apart from that, I also enjoy talking and questing with all my friends that I've made over the last few years. Its also nice to feel important and needed when we do 5-man runs. In real life my job doesn't require anyone to really depend on me for anything so its nice to come online and play an important role in a group effort. I just wish I had more time to play.

3. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I play to meet chicks.

4. Elbereth

Elbereth MSC Commander and Donator

Market Rating:
    I just play for fun. I'll never have a super character with all the best gear, and I don't care. I like to play in groups. I really like playing with my son. It is a game like any other; just more fun than Uno. :D

That reminds me - time to play some cribbage tonight.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2007
  5. Lurk

Lurk Peasant and Donator

Market Rating:
    I love Cribbage. My dad and I played it all the time as I was growing up.

Very cool, Elb. I'm getting all sentimental now.

(Runs to phone to call Dad...)

6. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh MSC Footman

Market Rating:
    I play because I like to quest. Finding the gear is always fun, but I like to form some friends, chat, quest, etc... My son is on, so I'm hoping to play with him, too, but he keeps changing realms and characters... darn adhd...

7. OsIriS

OsIriS Peasant

Market Rating:
    Sounds like a friend of mine. At least he sticks to a realm. Can't say much about sticking to a certain class, though.

Hitometer: 53,556,841 since 1995